Over 33,000 Season books now sold!!

I'm not worried yet. The immediate schedule is tight, but there's still plenty time left in the transfer window.

I think it's pretty much a certainty that we'll see a couple of new signings this week, but I expect more to come in the last week or two of August.

do you think that will be on top of loans or including, zappa?

Edited by trublusince1982

do you think that will be on top of loans or including, zappa?

It depends whether we sign Halliday & the young lad Thompson. I think those two signings will probably be made official this week, but as you said in a previous post, Thompson might initially be earmarked to play in the U20 squad and if that was the case, then even after signing Halliday the manager would only have 22 1st team players, 3 of whom are very inexperienced.

It depends whether we sign Halliday & the young lad Thompson. I think those two signings will probably be made official this week, but as you said in a previous post, Thompson might initially be earmarked to play in the U20 squad and if that was the case, then even after signing Halliday the manager would only have 22 1st team players, 3 of whom are very inexperienced.

Do you think he is only maybe signing def players this window? Can see a right back and def mid signed with a couple of loans playing similar roles for cover.

we really need a forward in my mind but if he plays one real striker with two winger types wide he may think we have enough presently.

Think thompson will go into youths since he was brought in by mullholland, dont think warburton would risk putting his nose out of joint by stealing the boy right of the bat. most likely let him settle at youth then bring him up giving the youth department the kudos.Then again city traders can be ruthless!

Do you think he is only maybe signing def players this window?

I think it's just that W&W decided to start building from the back. Two central defenders and a keeper was as good a place to start as any.

I think it's just that W&W decided to start building from the back. Two central defenders and a keeper was as good a place to start as any.

Indeed so, Woods, Butcher, Gough....ah those were the days, days when we took Spurs' best...

Edited by SteveC

dont get me wrong i agree with him starting with the spine at the back. Just wondering with the squad size he has mentioned and the amount of players both murray and king expected to come in, if we plan as many more as we all hope.Or if he is planning to do it by stages.

if you take away quality and just count bodies we are heavy in the attacking sense if he plays a 4-3-3 with one main striker.

do you think we will see any leave or drop back to youth level/loans?

dont get me wrong i agree with him starting with the spine at the back. Just wondering with the squad size he has mentioned and the amount of players both murray and king expected to come in, if we plan as many more as we all hope.Or if he is planning to do it by stages.

if you take away quality and just count bodies we are heavy in the attacking sense if he plays a 4-3-3 with one main striker.

do you think we will see any leave or drop back to youth level/loans?

Attack is where the manager might well have his toughest decisions to make because by all accounts Miller & Clark just weren't good enough last season and their goal tally combined is what I'd have expected from each of them.

On the other hand, does the manager take a big gamble and put his faith in relatively untested younger strikers like Gallagher & Hardie? Quite a few fans (online at least) are crying out for those lads to get their chance, but I bet they'd soon change their tune if it went pear-shaped because the lads didn't score enough goals and we were dropping points.

Tough calls ahead for Warburton and in the meantime I'll be astonished if he doesn't bring in at least one striker before the transfer window closes.

We may see changes/improvements in how our existing strikers play, due to Warburton's change of style......

One of our main problems last season was not getting enough decent balls into the box - this resulted in the strikers struggling. There was a stats article posted recently that highlighted where most of our strikers were shooting from - the majority of shots/chances coming from outside the 6-yrd box. The further away from you they are, the more difficult it will be to score.

If Warburton can ensure better delivery from the wide areas, I'm sure we will see an awful lot more goals from our current strikers.