Gers To Train At Spurs

But you have to start from somewhere GS , we aren't in a perfect world and if in the short term we use loan players so be it , I don't want us to do down the Celtic route

Last year we had an absolutely incompetent management team. So it's an entirely different situation. They have been able to bring in some of their own players, spending a lot of cash compared to the other teams in the division. Those couple of eye catching loan players will need replaced in one year, providing us with no long term benefit. There's nothing to guarantee they will be any better than our own player.

So if we have a competent management team now, we should let them get on with the job of deciding what they need and how best to bring it in within the budget available and the three year plan they themselves have laid out.

If we were talking about a team full of loanees I'd agree with you, but I'm entirely relaxed about one or two.

we must be in the top ten teams in europe for the amount of youth we have promoted into the first team squad in the last couple of years.

the likes of ajax aim for 2/3 every 2 years to be promoted from youth into first team squad. I know circumstance has dictated but still an impressive amount of youth has progressed.

Are you being serious?

I doubt if anyone out of contract at the end of next season will be kept. If anything I think they'll be encouraged to find new clubs now

Four of the 10 players out of contract next June will be over 30, so it wouldn't surprise me if those players aren't given new deals/extensions, but I think it might be quite foolish if the manager didn't consider giving a few of the younger lads out of contract next June a contract extension or new deal before January. Walsh, Gasparotto and Gallagher all fall into that category.

Edited by Zappa

Are you being serious?

Talking about youth players not young players.doesn't matter if they are regulars or sit on the bench they still count as moving up.

Those that have went from semi pro contracts to pro and went in as first team squad players.

I bet we are very high over the last few years. Walsh, Murdoch,McKay,Gallagher,Hardie ,mcloed off the top of my head. Think there is a few more than that. That's actually a lot mate. As I said the likes of ajax only aim for 2 or 3 every 2 years and they are quite prolific.especially if you count what we spend on our academy in comparison.

How many other teams can you think of that have had 5 or more in 2\3 years.

Edit* aird sinnamon gasparrato there's more but having a mental block

Edited by trublusince1982

Promotion is our number one priority next season followed by the SC for EL entry.

Quite honestly I dont think it matters if we have eleven loan signings so long as these are achieved. The season after next will be taken care of next summer when we plan/rebuild for the top flight and hopefully our return to Europe