Gers To Train At Spurs

Murdoch mcorrie etc but youths aren't the only answer. We can go out and sign them.

obviously we cant or we would.

Murdoch will still play . would imagine the youth in the squad right now with the squad size will all get used if even if not good enough.

W and w should be told to do there jobs and improve what we have or identify replacements we can afford.

We must get out of this short term thinking or we will relive the mistakes of the past ad infinitum

Where is short-term thinking involved? It is all about planning the steps to return to the top. You give yourselves milestones and keep the overall project in mind. I doubt that W&W or any other manager works differently. It's not like we build a team of loanies here.

It's about the message it sends. Come sign for rangers and watch spurs dross play instead of you from the stands.

Eh no thanks I will go to Dundee utd

or come and compete for places with great young talent who can help us achieve success. Anyone not up to that shouldnt be near the club

Where is short-term thinking involved? It is all about planning the steps to return to the top. You give yourselves milestones and keep the overall project in mind. I doubt that W&W or any other manager works differently. It's not like we build a team of loanies here.

You don't need me to explain how loaning players for a year is short term thinking so don't take the piss

Young players develop. Just because they are not good enough just now doesn't mean they won't be eventually (of course it also doesn't mean they are/will be good enough either). All the great sides have young players step up into the first team without being anywhere near the finished product. I believe any player can play a role for the team, without being the finished product. Pedro was a young player that came through the Barca youth set-up and was never the best player in that generation, but he had raw ability (he was and is not the most skillful or technically gifted player IMO, but he has certain attributes that allowed him to contribute) and was able to play a role that suit the team. This is my idea of a 'team'; a group of players that are able to play together, and get the best out of each other. I dislike this concept of the team as a product of individuals that 'customers' come to watch -- "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."

A loan signing is not a player on which to build your team; it's too short-termist. However, as a stop-gap, or as a way of achieving an objective, I don't have a problem. Our goal is to reach the Premiership next year, and if to do that we have to sign a player or two on loan then so be it. The best situation would be for us to acquire a player on loan -- of better quality than we have -- with the option of a permanent deal afterwards. I'm not sure how realistic that is however? Of course, there is also the possibility that seeing a better player in training and on the pitch every week can inspire the other players in the team.

Yeah our talent. Signed on the basis they won't be stymied by spurs players.

our talent that just got beat by spurs reserves?

If we stick to what we can seemingly afford then will continue to regress while our finances shrink. we need to grow our revenue streams, that means in the short term we must come up with ways to encourage the support to grow.The club first has to make money to then spend it, its obvious that is the only way, the investment we expected for whatever reason is obviously not there, or we would be signing players good enough. Signing freebie players of the current standard will never cut it, thats not progress is stagnation. Until we have money to spend on transfers that are of a calibre likely to encourage large consistent crowds we must utilise other teams who can afford surplus better than our players. Welcome to the financial reality of our situation.

Edited by trublusince1982