Gers To Train At Spurs

You've really contradicted yourself there on the subject of qualification for Europe Rab. More importantly (for now) though, signing 11 players on loan would be pretty daft. One, two, three players on loan is absolutely fine, but signing XI players on loan in this transfer window wouldn't be a balanced or prudent approach to building the squad or achieving the Club's goals.

But as I said promotion is top priority by whatever means. Whatever needs to be done for the season after next is for next summer.

However all of this may be irrelevent if(as I expect) reconstruction rears its head again next season.

How do we buy players next year for greater value than this years? Do we not have to make the extra money this year to pay for it next year? Will season tickets not once again cover football costs while king and co cover the deficit? Promotion will bring more revenue through st sales but that will be reduced by salary rises everything else will be of benefit the following years budgets surely

Ajax have a squad full of players they developed. The only player you listed there that regularly played and still plays for us is Murdoch. I think if you were to look across the different squads of Scottish clubs, we would rank very low down in terms of bringing through our own players. Top 10 in Europe? What :D?

I think you will find that statement is totally wrong. Ajax in fact developed very few of their players most were brought in as 17,18,19 year olds that other clubs developed. You could say their scouting system is good but as I have said often their youth academy is nowhere near the best in Holland.

Ajax have a squad full of players they developed. The only player you listed there that regularly played and still plays for us is Murdoch. I think if you were to look across the different squads of Scottish clubs, we would rank very low down in terms of bringing through our own players. Top 10 in Europe? What :D?
clearly stated that playing regularly or the standard of player is immaterial. Was talking about how many players have progressed through the club into professional contracts and been promoted to first team squad.

Most criteria measured for youth amounts to one game for first team. Inter aim for think if I remember right 1-2 players to play once each year for top team.

We actually rank not bad for youth last time I checked admittedly over a year ago. We were top in scotland and outside th top 20 in europe.The criteria was measured as at club from 15-18 and having signed professional contracts for teams in their respective top league so not even including the championship in england. Even the mob who collated the info I emailed were surprised at how well we had done with our budgets. Couldn't get the buggers to include the English championship which would have improved our position dramatically!!

Ajax as you mention spend €6m euro a year on their academy and their main aim is to promote 2-3 players into the first team squad every two years. We have promoted far more than that.

GS: "Imho yes there is. We aren't hearts or hibs"

You are entitled to that ............................................

......... you are W&W with a clean slate, you have your left-overs from last season and take them at face value. Some you like, some you don't, some you think you can get by with or even turn around. Same goes for the youths.

16 days into the preseason but you are Keeping ALL your options open. IMHO it is easier to deal with what is on your plate and take your time to bring in players at both levels, as he seems to be doing ATM. You care about every game BUT the league is the primary objective so maybe too soon to really worry about the cup game against Hibs, que sera, sera.

You'll find out soon enough when they start playing for real, either buy into your system or not. You still have time to show some the door and bring in more before August 31st.

Nothing wrong with a little loanee insurance to tide you over till you get the players you really want in the next two windows.

And, as you say yourself, we should be more than capable of winning this league.

No need to throw silly money at anybody till we know what we can do with what we've got. We'll know soon enough.........................

Edited by Blinkyman
missed quote

And if they think circumstances dictate a couple of loanees are necessary?

They should be told to work with rangers players and sacked if they can't manage promotion.

Tbh I think a good manager could win this league with our u21s. But it would be folly to test it that far.

Of course better still the board should find the cash to get players in of the desired quality.

Edited by the gunslinger