Gers To Train At Spurs

We played 4-3-3. Halliday was the only trialists playing, played the second period at left back and another wide of the front 3, and apparently did well. Wallace played 1st and 3rd periods. Some young players playing too. No Winks, Warbara, Eustace etc.

Eustace is AFAIK still a few weeks away from match fitness. Wabara might have a knock from W&W's punishing training schedule ... but all will sure be clarified in the coming days.

Loan deals are for small clubs.

We need to bring in the best quality available to us and if that means a couple of loan deals on top of the permanent signings we make this summer, then it can't possibly be a bad thing. So long as the player/s coming in on loan are of a high standard and are fully fit, then it's going to strengthen our squad and give the manager more options.

Loan deals are for small clubs.

That's not exactly true because I would bet out of the teams who competed in the CL last season, you would find that they have all loaned at least one player in recent years.

That said, I see no point in it given our current circumstances. Just like I see little point in signing and keeping players in their mid 30's. We are going to have a lot of rebuilding to do next season at this rate.

Loan signings for us should be players who are much better than what we can afford and who can help us advance in Europe.

We need to bring in the best quality available to us and if that means a couple of loan deals on top of the permanent signings we make this summer, then it can't possibly be a bad thing. So long as the player/s coming in on loan are of a high standard and are fully fit, then it's going to strengthen our squad and give the manager more options.

Of course it can be a bad thing.

Of course it can be a bad thing.

Never mind twitter and it's 140 character word limit, I think you need a discussion platform with a 40 character word limit. Is there such a thing as 'twit shorter' ???