Latest BTC appeal news

I'm not renowned for agreeing with Rab on much, but I know exactly how the HMRC security audit trails work, and I know that HMRC could find out tomorrow who accessed and leaked confidential information regarding Rangers. Only a very small amount of people are allowed access to secure cases such as Rangers' files and each one has a secure login that is audited and retained for 6 years. I know that the guy the Vanguard Bears announced as being the 'mole', Bill Mcilwraith, was a glorified admin and wouldn't have been within a million miles of those records. Why do we still not have this mole accessing the most secret of records yet HMRC continue to sack staff for accessing their families records (not to fiddle but to check how claims are proceeding etc)? They are sacked based on audit trails of their logins yet they can't trace who accessed 'secure' files with significantly more security attached and far smaller numbers allowed access.

I know that HMRC have been subject of several complaints (one serious) regarding catholic nepotism and promotions accordingly. I know that members resigned from their union after several awards from the union to celtic fc to commemorate certain anniversaries.

Go ask a certain ex-HMRC inspector, now with our youth set up, Billy McLaren, if he witnessed any of this when he worked there.

Do I think people at the very highest level in HMRC (and I'm talking Scottish based, influential at Whitehall) would harbour such a hatred for Rangers they would go to such extremes? Without a shadow of a doubt!!

Great post mate and I don't disagree with you, but there's other possible angles as well, such as any external legal firm/s who had access to the Rangers case files with staff who have far less monitored access.

There's also apparently some pretty major issues with disorganisation within HMRC. I know someone who works in the massive EK office near Hairmyres and apparently the place is total chaos with a very high turnover of staff as well.

If we win again it will get less than a page in the press if we lose 10 page pullout!

Did you forget that it's merely a liquidated company which is in court? Remember all that angst about club and company being separate entities?

Did you forget that it's merely a liquidated company which is in court? Remember all that angst about club and company being separate entities?

It is a company which is in a liquidation process. It hasnt been liquidated yet and won't be for ten years or more probably.

I don't share the view the BTC is meaningless because it's oldco. We were supposed to have cheated by using EBT's to get players we couldnt otherwise have afforded.

Who can forget the vile Michael Kelly on BBC2 Newsnight demanding titles should be stripped because of alleged taxes due ?

Now it's been proved to have been perfectly legal it is a pure joy watching people like Kelly getting proved wrong. Sadly it doesn't look like we'll ever get an apology from them though. Their bitterness and bigotry will see to that unfortunately.

It is a company which is in a liquidation process. It hasnt been liquidated yet and won't be for ten years or more probably.

I don't share the view the BTC is meaningless because it's oldco. We were supposed to have cheated by using EBT's to get players we couldnt otherwise have afforded.

Who can forget the vile Michael Kelly on BBC2 Newsnight demanding titles should be stripped because of alleged taxes due ?

Now it's been proved to have been perfectly legal it is a pure joy watching people like Kelly getting proved wrong. Sadly it doesn't look like we'll ever get an apology from them though. Their bitterness and bigotry will see to that unfortunately.

It wasn't perfectly legal. The non-disclosure to the SFA broke the rules, hence the £250k fine. The possible stripping of titles wasn't centred around unpaid taxes, it could have occurred had it been shown that the use of EBTs had resulted in an unfair advantage on the field of play. Lord Nimmo Smith's ruling put paid to that. Two distinct cases.

I fail to see what the inane ramblings of the morally bankrupt Michael Kelly (and it was on STV's Scotland Tonight, by the way) have to do with anything other than your need to introduce a Celtic link into nearly every one of your posts.

It is important on far less grounds than some Yahoo links. It is important because many people, not least media people make hardly any difference between oldco and newco Rangers. You can check out the relevant articles and less than half will speak of the "company" being in admin and liquidation, but Rangers. And that is the message that is being transmitted and carried all over the globe. And the step from that to say that WE used "illegal" means to finance any titles during that age, or paying our players is not only very small, but was actually done when it first appeared on the table and reached a climax during admin. It is defamation at its best and I for one do not care who does it. That a bandwaggon of anti-Rangers-minded media people carrying the morale standard here is essentially just the icing on the cake.

Great post mate and I don't disagree with you, but there's other possible angles as well, such as any external legal firm/s who had access to the Rangers case files with staff who have far less monitored access.

There's also apparently some pretty major issues with disorganisation within HMRC. I know someone who works in the massive EK office near Hairmyres and apparently the place is total chaos with a very high turnover of staff as well.

The EK office (Center One) is where Mr McIlwraith works, in his glorified admin job, and its where Billy McLaren worked as an Inspector before doing the Rangers youth role. It is also the same offfice that received numerous complaints regarding Catholic nepotism (often described as an 'Annexe for Holy Cross' in Hamilton) and resignations from the union for presentations to celtic on certain anniversaries.

I know what you are saying regarding external legal firms etc, but any 'Confidential' information that leaves HMRC still requires conformance to auditing controls, and the official secrecy acts, but it easier once it leaves. In saying that it doesn't leave HMRC easily at that level.

There were very strong beliefs that Paul McConville was receiving leaks from the very office above.

It wasn't perfectly legal. The non-disclosure to the SFA broke the rules, hence the £250k fine. The possible stripping of titles wasn't centred around unpaid taxes, it could have occurred had it been shown that the use of EBTs had resulted in an unfair advantage on the field of play. Lord Nimmo Smith's ruling put paid to that. Two distinct cases.

I fail to see what the inane ramblings of the morally bankrupt Michael Kelly (and it was on STV's Scotland Tonight, by the way) have to do with anything other than your need to introduce a Celtic link into nearly every one of your posts.

The EBT's were included in Rangers audited accounts every year. In that sense they were legal. Did either the SFA or SPL not look at these accounts & think to question who or what these EBT's were for?

And if ur looking for payments not included in registered contracts are the SFA saying this was the only one of its kind? How about the six figure sum paid to McNamara following the two players sold to the yahoos at the start of this year. Is that included in his contract registered with the SFA? Just one such example of course.

And the 'celtic link' in this case is obvious is it not?