U20s LIVE: Rangers 4 - 0 Dumbarton (Roberts 32' Stoney 56' Ramsay 70' Dykes 83')

Very interesting comment from Ian Durrant here:

They dominated possession as we asked them to do at the start of the game, and they adapted to the new system that the manager wants us to play.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/item/9599-delighted-durrant-praises-performance

So basically Mark Warburton has already instructed Ian Durrant on how he wants the U20/development squad to play.

UNDER-20s full-back Ross McCrorie was left with mixed feelings after today’s 4-0 win over Dumbarton.

While delighted to get the win, McCrorie admits the scoreline should have been even more impressive in the young Light Blues’ favour, and he reckons that he too should have got on the scoresheet on at least one occasion.

Speaking to RangersTV.tv, he said: “It was good to get the legs going and to get back into it. It was a good scoreline, a good victory, and that should get the boys’ confidence up ahead of the games that are coming up.

“I should have had a goal though. I had a few chances and with a bit more composure, maybe I could have scored. But that will come when we get more games.”

“Overall, it should have been a lot more. The boys know that but it will come, and as the games build-up we’ll put those sort of chances away and hopefully we’ll be ready in time for the league.”

Rangers took some time to settle into the match, with Dumbarton having some joy in the early stages, but McCrorie believes that was simply down to the integration of a number of younger players for the first time.

He added: “There were a few boys making their debuts at this level today, so there were a few nerves about. It was a really young team we had out, and most of the boys are only in the first year of under-20s.

“They did really well today though.”

McCrorie has trained with Mark Warburton’s first-team squad already this season, and he revealed he will be looking to impress as he aims to become a more permanent feature in the senior Rangers squad.

“It’s been a great experience getting to know them all,” he explained.

“I’ve been trying to show the manager what I can do, so hopefully I can build on that and the manager keeps picking me to take part with the first-team more.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/item/9600-mccrorie-it-should-have-been-more

Edited by chilledbear