Official: James Tavernier and Martyn Waghorn both sign 3 year deals!

Things are definitely beginning to take shape. Delighted with Tavernier in particular

The lad Tavernier is meant to be a cracking player. He's also a family man and really looks after himself, so he fits right into the manager's idea of adding quality both on and off the pitch.

As for the lad Waghorn, I don't know much about him, but he's obviously got a good level of experience, seems really hungry and could easily prove to be a gem.

Buzzing, great to have the feel good factor back again.

Unfortunately I don't have it yet but I am softening. I like what Warburton says but we have had plenty of patter merchants over the last few years.

Waghorn looks a real striker going by this video of him in action, can score with his head, both feet, doesn't matter if it's inside the six-yard box, the penalty-box, outside the box, he can even score direct from corner kicks too...:celebrate2:

MARTYN Waghorn joined Rangers today, and to introduce him to you, we’ve pulled together a number of interesting facts about him:

Waghorn made his senior debut as a 17 year-old in a 4-0 defeat for Sunderland against Manchester United at the Stadium of Light.

Waghorn won Leicester City’s “Young Player of the Year” award for the 2009/10 season having scored 12 goals in 47 appearances.

Earlier in pre-season, Waghorn scored a double against Gers’ Championship rivals Hibernian in a friendly in La Manga.

Waghorn has an excellent scoring record at international level, having scored two goals in two appearances for England’s under-21 side.

Waghorn will wear number 33 for Rangers - the same number he wears for every club out of superstition.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9648-waghorn-fast-facts

JAMES Tavernier joined Rangers today and we've put together five fast facts about the 23-year-old to help you get to know him better.

James played for local team Farsley Celtic before moving to Leeds United as a youngster.

He started his career as a central midfielder and even played one season as a goalkeeper before converting to his now more familiar role in defence.

The right-back is 5’9” and weighs 12 stone 11lbs and will wear the Number Two shirt for Rangers.

He netted twice when Bristol City beat Bradford 6-0 last season. His new teammate Andy Halliday was an unused sub for Bradford that afternoon.

James shared a dressing room with former Ger and current Dundee forward Rory Loy whilst on loan at Carlisle United in 2011.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9647-tavernier-fast-facts

Rangers Too Good To Turn Down

MARTYN Waghorn has spoken of his immense pride after tonight being named alongside James Tavernier as Mark Warburton’s latest Rangers recruits.

The 25 year-old arrives from Wigan Athletic on a three-year deal, and he will be hoping to play a part in tomorrow’s friendly match with Burnley at Ibrox.

Waghorn is one of three players to have arrived from the Lancashire club this year alongside James Tavernier and Rob Kiernan, and the striker is absolutely thrilled to have put pen to paper.

In a RangersTV.tv exclusive interview, he said: “It’s a very proud day for me both in my life and in my career. This is a great opportunity for me at a great club. I know a lot about the history and some of the players that have played here, and hopefully I can help the club to get back where it belongs.

“Everyone knows about Rangers, where it has been and what it has been through. I feel I am ready to come to a club of this size, I am ready for the challenge, and hopefully I can help to push the club back to where it once was.

“I’m excited and it was too good an opportunity to turn down.

“I see myself being here for the long-term. The club has been through its troubles, but hopefully it is now on the right way. We have a good gaffer in and a good set of coaches.

“It’s a project, and with the players he has brought in there is only one way the club is going to go and that’s forward.

“So I’m really proud, really pleased, and grateful to be a part of it. Hopefully I can bring my best and do my best for the club.”

Waghorn came up against new Ibrox boss Warburton last season while he was a player at Wigan and Warburton held the reins at Brentford, and the draw of playing under both him and David Weir was a major factor in drawing Waghorn to Glasgow.

“I know the way they played with Brentford having played against them a few times," he explained.

“I hadn’t really met them on a personal level, but when I sat down with them and they got across their ideas and how they want to play, it was brilliant.

“It’s exactly how I want to play and how I see my football going. It was a no-brainer.

“I am quite fortunate that I can play in a number of positions. I can play as the main striker or out wide, so I’m versatile.

“It’s down to the gaffer though. I’ll work hard in training and if he wants to play me as a striker, I’ll play as a striker, but if he wants to play me out wide, then I’m more than capable.

“Hopefully either way I can get the nod and can do the business on the pitch.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9656-waghorn-too-good-to-turn-down

Ibrox WasThe Only Option

JAMES Tavernier says he didn’t have to think twice about joining Mark Warburton’s Gers despite having offers from English clubs.

The right-back put pen to paper on a deal at Ibrox on Monday and told RangersTV that he couldn’t wait to get to Glasgow to pull on the blue jersey.

Tavernier is a full-back with goals in his game and having scored five for Rotherham in 2013/14 and then three in nine appearances last season at Bristol City; he is well suited to the Warburton way.

He said: “Rangers are a massive club and as soon as there was interest there was no thinking about it.

“The history of the club, what they have achieved in Europe and in Scotland made it an easy decision for me.

“It is a great opportunity to play up here and the recognition that you can get playing for Rangers is huge.

“I am looking forward to it; I have been dying to come up here and put on a blue shirt and just get in front of the fans and show them what I’m made of and hopefully make them proud.

“This is me now, I know where I am at and I know where I need to be so I want to hit the ground running straight away.

“As soon as I spoke to Mark he had already sold it to me, the way he wants to go and the way he wants to play fitted my football.

“Everything about it was perfect for me and the platform he has put the club on made it an easy decision.

“I like to get on the ball as much as I can, get forward as much as I can and create goals.

“Having the ball at my feet is the best thing and playing out from the back will be a huge thing for me this season and it will suit me well.

“I am hoping to get more goals here than I have scored already in my career and hopefully get a full season of football, score a lot more and progress from there."

Tavernier was a team mate of fellow new recruit Rob Kiernan at Wigan and he is looking forward to linking up in defence with him.

Although he prefers the role of right-back the former Newcastle United youngster is comfortable across the pitch, he even played a season in goal as a boy!

He continued:“Another big factor in my decision was Rob being here, I played with him last season and we get on really well.

“One of the first things he said, when we were speaking to each other today, was that he’d have me back on his right hand side now, which is great.

“We know each other, we can play with each other and we are comfortable with each other so that will hopefully be a great partnership throughout the years and the fans will see that grow.

“I have played across the back throughout my career, I can play centre-back and left-back too and I can even play centre-mid and last pre-season I played right-wing so I am quite versatile.

“But right-back is my spot where I want to progress and really become the best at it.”

Having achieved two successive promotions to the English Championship, with Rotherham and then Bristol City, Tavernier is well placed to help Rangers achieve their Premiership ambitions.

He was part of a City side that also lifted the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy last season and their League One title was won with a hefty 99 point haul.

The 23-year-old said: “I want to get this club in the top flight and hopefully the experience of being promoted over the last two years can help the team and that is my aim – to get this club back where it belongs.

“You get different kinds of pressure with a promotion race, some lads feel it in different ways, and for me I like to play with a bit of pressure, it always makes me perform better and I enjoy it.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9655-ibrox-wasthe-only-option