Ian Black turns out as a trialist for BERWICK RANGERS

Social media reacts as former Rangers midfielder Ian Black turns out as a trialist for BERWICK RANGERS

20:11, 21 July 2015

By Record Sport Online

THE Wee Gers give controversial Ibrox reject a run-out and Twitter goes into meltdown on hearing the news.

Craig Gordon Ex-Rangers star Ian Black appears as a trialist for Berwick Rangers

Ex-Rangers star Ian Black appears as a trialist for Berwick Rangers

FREED Rangers midfielder Ian Black turned out as a trialist for League Two side Berwick Rangers in a friendly against junior side Haddington Athletic tonight.

The 30-year-old, who was regularly booed by the Ibrox support as the side failed to secure promotion from the Championship last season, was given a run-out by the Wee Gers boss Colin Cameron.

The ex-Hearts star netted Berwick's equaliser after Haddington took an early lead.

The Wee Gers eventually ran out 4-2 winners thanks to an Andy Russell hat-trick.

Craig Gordon

Ian Black stars for Berwick Rangers

Black, who hit out at the Ibrox club after his departure and claimed he should have been thanked for his efforts, recently told Sky Sports he was weighing up options from England.

Twitter went into meltdown when news of Black's appearance surfaced with some pointing out, quite correctly, that Berwick IS in England.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/social-media-reacts-former-rangers-6110889

I think Berwick train near where Black lives which is why he's being keeping fit with them. I'm sure he'll be playing at a higher level this season.

I don't remember him being "regularly booed" at all. That's nonsense

The 30-year-old, who was regularly booed by the Ibrox support as the side failed to secure promotion from the Championship last season, was given a run-out by the Wee Gers boss Colin Cameron.

That's not true!

I regularly booed him in Divs 2 and 1 as well.

I think Berwick train near where Black lives which is why he's being keeping fit with them. I'm sure he'll be playing at a higher level this season.

I don't remember him being "regularly booed" at all. That's nonsense

He received occasional and relatively muted booing.

I don't think I've ever booed a Rangers player and don't condone it, but I was certainly pleased to see the back of him due to his on and off the park failings.

I wish the guy well in the remainder of his career though.