Hibs reject bid for Scott Allan

Stubbs has put his foot down, and as it is becoming increasingly apparent that rangers have no money, there is no chance of rangers getting even halfway to meeting the asking price.

other than the £700k we have already spent you mean. hes not worth much more than £100k. Guy was a freebie signing for hibs who can be signed on a pre contract in 6 months his worth is minimal.

Stubbs has put his foot down, and as it is becoming increasingly apparent that rangers have no money, there is no chance of rangers getting even halfway to meeting the asking price.

Based on what? That we don't bid more than Dundee United bid in January`for a player that can sign a pre-contract in January and move for free next summer? Or that W&W have not made any marquee signings in the reagion 500k to 2m?

Edited by der Berliner

If this can be believed ...

Ibrox Loyal

1 hr ·

Rangers Fans Start Nation-Wide Trend On Twitter Urging Scott Allan To Hand In A Transfer Request.

Rangers fans have started a national trend on Twitter this evening after starting a campaign for Scott Allan to hand in his transfer request.

The Hibs midfielder has been constantly linked with a move to the Glasgow club, with several tabloid newspapers claiming Mark Warburton’s side have opened dialogue over a potential £1 million transfer with their Edinburgh counterparts.

And Gers fans believe Tweeting last season’s Championship Player of the Year with the hashtag ‘‪#‎HandItIn‬’ could tempt the former West Brom and Dundee United midfielder to take the plunge and ask for a move.

The hashtag is currently trending UK-wide.

Daily Record has bid at £100,000.

Petrie spinning like a whirling Dervish......:P

100k-250k is much more realistic than the 900k+ that was banded about by the media. I can see us increasing but, when we can get him for nothing in January (usually deals tend to happen when the club realise they're losing the player, I think?), I wouldn't go over 500k.

Few issues with Allan transfer that I'm aware of.

1. Hibs want Dylan McGeouch to replace him.

2. Celtic want Jason Cummings for McGeouch, not cash.

3. Danny Handling looks like he could be out for several months, possibly the whole season with a knee injury.

4. Thus, unless Hibs can sort something out quickly in this wee merry-go-round then they're in a somewhat difficult position when it comes to their league campaign. As such, they may decide holding onto Allan and Cummings is worth rejecting any reasonable fee.

5. Allan to Rangers looks inevitable but I'm still not convinced it will happen before the end of August at the earliest.