Hibs reject bid for Scott Allan

I'd actually be a bit pissed off if we spent anything over £350-400k on Scott Allan because we played against Hibs 7 times last season and while he's obviously a decent player, the lad didn't look like he was worth any more than that. I'd be happy enough if we signed him, but not for silly money. If someone wants to buy him for silly money, then good luck to them, but it shouldn't be us.

Hibz seem to want a lot of money for a player who isn't an internationalist, hasn't really played in the top division of Scottish football & hasn't managed 100 first team games yet despite being nearly 24

I'd actually be a bit pissed off if we spent anything over £350-400k on Scott Allan because we played against Hibs 7 times last season and while he's obviously a decent player, the lad didn't look like he was worth any more than that. I'd be happy enough if we signed him, but not for silly money. If someone wants to buy him for silly money, then good luck to them, but it shouldn't be us.

Our support talked up Allan's ability, we virtually set the price for him.

If it's true, which I doubt, we've doubled our initial offer BUT it still won't be enough

As pointed out above (more credible sources than the DR), our initial offer was 250k, as opposed to some quoted figures. IMHO, 400 to 500k is the maximum. Maybe we can offer them a healthy sell-on clause.

Would love to see Scott Allan in a rangers jersey but to pay £500,000 + for him would be folly.

He's in the final year of his contract and plays in the 2nd tier of Scottish football, reality is he should be worth £200,000 tops.

Would love to see Scott Allan in a rangers jersey but to pay £500,000 + for him would be folly.

He's in the final year of his contract and plays in the 2nd tier of Scottish football, reality is he should be worth £200,000 tops.

three years ago we paid circa £800k for Templeton !!!!