Scott Allan hands in transfer request

Even an extra £250k wouldn't come close to the combined financial impact on Hibs if a sale resulted in lower attendances and failure to get out of the Championship this year.

We'll see, but I suspect that we might need to wait for a pre-contract in Jan.

Even an extra £250k wouldn't come close to the combined financial impact on Hibs if a sale resulted in lower attendances and failure to get out of the Championship this year.

We'll see, but I suspect that we might need to wait for a pre-contract in Jan.

That assumes he will be any use to them if he stays

That assumes he will be any use to them if he stays

That's true.

I think he would be though. He can't afford to down tools after just one good season and I don't see it affecting him for more than a few weeks if he knows he'll get his move next season.

That's true.

I think he would be though. He can't afford to down tools after just one good season and I don't see it affecting him for more than a few weeks if he knows he'll get his move next season.

Even although he will try his best psychology mostly plays a part as well.

Snatched from FF ...

Apparently he's handed in a transfer request and things have not been good at training the past few days with Allan displaying his displeasure openly.

Irony is that Stubbs applied for 4 jobs in England this Summer!

[Note: The above came from the father of a current Hibs first XI player].

... and elsewhere

24dke1w.jpg

Edited by der Berliner

Scott Allan set to hand in written transfer request as war rages with Hibs over refusal to sell to Rangers

07:53, 26 July 2015 By Scott McDermott

ALLAN'S representatives are unhappy that a verbal agreement between the 23-year-old and 
the club is now being reneged on by Hibs.

SCOTT ALLAN is now at war with Hibs as they stand firm over a move to Rangers.

MailSport understands that Allan’s representatives were embroiled in a heated, two-hour meeting at Easter Road last night following Gers’ 6-2 Petrofac Cup win.

They are unhappy because they allege that a verbal agreement between the 23-year-old and 
the club is now being reneged on by Hibs.

When Allan signed as a free agent last summer they claim it was acknowledged that if a bigger club made a bid for him, Hibs would not stand in his way.

MailSport understands that 
compromise was reiterated to the player midway through the season with Allan in sparkling form.

But the Edinburgh club are now adamant that he won’t be sold to Championship rivals Rangers, who have already had two bids for the playmaker rejected.

After yesterday’s game Stubbs said: “Probably the best way to settle this is I’ll answer one question on Scott Allan.

“It’s three words. Not. For. Sale.

“I’m not going to keep answering questions on it at all whatsoever. So this is put to bed now.

“He has one year left on his 
contract and we said two months ago, Scotty said two months ago, that he will see how the season goes and he can go for nothing at the end of the season.

“He can sign a pre-contract in January. These are his options and he will have some very good options as well if he sticks it out.”

Rangers’ second offer of £250,000 was thrown out and the Ibrox club are now weighing up a third bid which could go in this week.

Although all communication between Allan and Hibs has so far been verbal – MailSport 
understands that a written transfer request will be submitted if Stubbs’ stance on the matter doesn’t change.

Allan has told Stubbs of his desire to join boyhood heroes Gers and he was left on the bench for 
yesterday’s cup tie.

The midfielder, who has been the subject of abuse on social media in the wake of the transfer saga, is keen to play for the club he has 
supported all his life.

He also wants to team up with good pal Andy Halliday – who scored for Rangers yesterday – as they’ve been close friends from the age of five.

Rangers boss Mark Warburton was coy on his club’s interest and insisted he sympathised with his opposite number.

He said: “Scott Allan’s not my player. If I was Alan Stubbs I would be irate.

“My job is to talk about the Rangers players and staff and as far as I know Scott Allan is not a Rangers player.”

“It’s disrespectful for me to even comment. It’s wrong to talk about any other clubs’ player. I will leave that to the powers that be.”

Asked if he was happy to see him benched, he added: “No, I think its disrespectful to the other players in the Hibs squad.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-allan-set-hand-written-6140086

It does - despite being paper talk - not exactly sound as if Hibs act professionally in any way, but there is no wonder given their stance untowards us and the chap who is their coach. Well, we shall see.

I actually feel for Stubbs like I do Warburton. They can't and shouldn't talk about it, but the 'journalists' keep asking the same questions. It must be infuriating.

Best thing to do is accept the bid...

Read and compare the articles below by the DR when DU sold their star players to the Yahoos below and the one from today (top) ... written by Gordon Waddell

THE bean-counters would call it a cost-benefit analysis.

Working out the price of something to you, then whether it’s worth it.

So at what price does Hibs selling Scott Allan to the one team they believe can prevent them winning the league stop becoming detrimental to them and start becoming a benefit?

Anywhere short of that? No deal. Anything less than the amount of money the manager believes he can use to replace what he does for his team AND make it better? No deal.

Anything less than the amount you believe promotion is worth? No deal.

Otherwise what’s the point? What are you selling to your fans? And this Hibs support need to believe that Rod Petrie’s capable of taking a stance over something other than pounds and pence.

Because they’ve been down that road. When he got top dollar for every talent – right up to the point where there was no talent left.

And now look at them. Disenchanted fans get to sit in a first-class stand watching economy class players. Players who get to work every day in a first-class training ground, bought and paid for by the sale of predecessors whose boots they’re not fit to lace.

Petrie has to be thinking of the consequences.

Is Allan their best player? Yes. Their creative force.

If you keep him, do you win the league? Maybe. No guarantees. If you sell him to your biggest rivals, do you lose the league? Almost certainly, unless the price is good enough to replace him with better in the space of a week.

Are you financially secure enough to hold out, praying you reap the rewards a year down the line? Now THAT’S getting to the nub of it.

Well, that and the argument that not letting him go to his boyhood heroes will see Allan throw his toys out of the pram. Is that true? Maybe for a wee while.

But ultimately he has to be careful.

If he spends too long doing that, if he down tools, then if I’m Mark Warburton or any other boss I’ll start to ask if I want a player who’s capable of doing that.

If Hibs do end up saying no, it’ll be a test of character for the player like no other.

And I don’t believe Allan would deliberately become a lesser player for them.

You watch him play, and you can see the frustration bubbling in him when he’s not the best he can be.

That’s inbuilt, that desire to be as good as you can be. Going through the motions might be in his head but it will end up being anathema to him when he’s actually out there.

Whether that stands true if he signs a pre-contract in January is another question.

There have been examples of players wrapping themselves in cotton wool – Brian Laudrup to Chelsea comes to mind – but there have been others who have been the polar opposite.

Graeme Shinnie was magnificent to the death for Caley Thistle. Darren Barr put in a Herculean five months for Falkirk before he went to Hearts.

Alan Stubbs has made himself clear – and covered his back while he’s at it. Allan is going nowhere.

So if he does get punted and it goes pear-shaped the manager can point back to the exact moment he had the rug pulled from under him.

There will only be one man to blame – and although Petrie’s no stranger to making decisions that upset his support if he believes they are to the long-term benefit of his club, this one’s different.

His ONLY objective is going up. This isn’t about clearing debt, building infrastructure or perpetuating a conveyor belt. It’s about winning.

At which point, their only decision is this:

On March 5 at Easter Road, when they play Rangers for the last time this season, a couple of points between them, it’s nil-nil in the 89th minute.

Fraser Fyvie slides Allan through one on one with Wes Foderingham to score the goal which will decide the fate of the Championship … do they have a player who’s capable of pulling the trigger?

THOSE who ignore history are condemned to repeat 
it. Dundee United fans, 
take note.

In the wake of United’s League Cup Final defeat and Scottish Cup exit on Tuesday, all we’ve heard is that their chairman sold them down the river.

That him flogging Stuart Armstrong and Gary Mackay-Steven was a betrayal of the fans. A complete lack of ambition. A white flag.

Why sell their two best players before a Cup Final? Why not just keep them? They’ve sold two players already this season for £6million, they should not need the money.

Take the risk, get the reward. 
Speculate to accumulate.

Honestly, have they not been 
watching Scottish football for the past two decades?

Speculation and accumulation is what ruined clubs such as Dundee, 
Livingston, Motherwell, Hearts, 
Dunfermline and Rangers. Drove them over the edge of a cliff.

And it’s exactly what drove Dundee United themselves to the edge of it before Stephen Thompson took the reins from his dad.

How hard is it to understand their reality?

Anyone with half a brain will 
tell you he had to take the money for Armstrong. Less so Mackay-
Steven, but in the end it still made sense to get something for him rather than nothing.

Example? January 2007, the Falkirk board knocked back a healthy fee of £250,000 for Alan Gow.

Deal was up in the summer, it made economic sense to take it but they had a League Cup semi v Killie two weeks away, they were sitting sixth in the league, chasing their first ever top-half finish, and they were still in the 
Scottish Cup.

And he’d scored five in his previous three games. He was flying.

So they went for it, knocked back the dough… then lost six straight in the league and were knocked out of the cups. By March 10, they were done. And Gow played in every game.

The lesson? There’s no guarantees.

Two guys don’t make a club. A 
philosophy makes a club. Strategy makes a club. Longevity in its 
community makes a club.

All values the fans should treasure rather than mock.

But they clearly don’t. Some fans are Mr Magoo-calibre myopic.

When Dundee United were beaten by St Johnstone in February, the howls began that the sales had cost them– forgetting they’d lost five of the 
previous six against Saints.

Likewise the games with Celtic. Armstrong and GMS played together 14 times against their new club but Dundee United won one, drew twice and lost 11

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gordon-waddell-dundee-united-fans-5379550

Going by TV money figures, being in the Premiership would yield Hibs nigh 1m (lower half of the table), staying in the Championship roughly 350k (2nd). They thus have every reason to chase promotion and keep their best player. Waddell's argument falls flat on its face though, as no-one can predict how the season will unfold. Be it at Falkirk back then, DU or Hibs now ... as the pendulum will swing both ways.