Scott Allan hands in transfer request

'Cutty' Young :) Memories.

Yeah, Young was actually brought in to replace 'Bud' Johnston who was serving a 9 WEEK ban and was getting sold anyway.

Stein's replacement 4 days later was an ageing Joe Mason, signed from Morton :facepalm:

All this just 5 months after winning the '72 CWC Final.

I loved that guy. He scored a hat-trick on his Rangers debut in a 5-1 league win at Arbroath and then another hat trick a week later against Hibs. Four days after that he scored twice in a 3-0 away Fairs Cup win against Dundalk. Now that's a flying start! And who can forget his header at Easter Road that won us the league?

Yes he was my Hero as well along with Tom Forsyth and Davie Smith.

Yeah, Young was actually brought in to replace 'Bud' Johnston who was serving a 9 WEEK ban and was getting sold anyway.

Stein's replacement 4 days later was an ageing Joe Mason, signed from Morton :facepalm:

All this just 5 months after winning the '72 CWC Final.

you wonder why Wallace got rid of him only to bring Stein back in 1975 with his best years behind him.

you wonder why Wallace got rid of him only to bring Stein back in 1975 with his best years behind him.

Stein came back because Coventry couldn't make the payments.

Stein came back because Coventry couldn't make the payments.

I never knew that Pete,

Any idea why he left?

If memory serves me right, My dad took to me to his return game v St Johnstone? at Ibrox, in which he scored an offside goal. remember being very disappointed he hadn't scored.

Edited by Little General