Players out drinking

It does my head in when I see Scottish players out drinking.[/QUOT

they often passed a half bottle around in the dreesing room before a game. When gaza was critsised for doing it, I remember Davy Provan saying it was comonplace

It does my head in when I see Scottish players out drinking.

Reminded of the Scottish players drinking in their hotel bar during the 78 World Cup in Argentina, which was shown on the national news on a regular basis. After Don Masson missed a penalty against Peru it was reported that he was so distraught that he stayed in his room. Not so, there he was with a big beery face and not a care in the world knocking them back in the bar.

Having a few good beers is a hell of a lot healthier than a trip to MacDonald's.

I don't think either should be an option for an athlete wanting to reach the pinnacle of their sport. Both Andy Murray and Chris Hoy were/are known to be tee total or drinking very rarely and nowhere near competitive action. It seems football has some catching up to do in the UK. The two best footballers in the world Messi and Ronaldo are tee total and the continental approach is way ahead of us here. Our season has just started and we have another game in a week. The drink culture and general approach to nutrition and conditioning is one of the main reasons the British nations lag behind everyone else. Do you think the Real Madrid or Barca teams will be out getting pished after their first game of the season?

The players will get away with it just now playing at this level but if we want to be competing in Europe any time soon they might need to change their ideas.

PS - I'm not trying to be a negative arse here after a great second half performance, this is something I feel really strongly about though.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Didn't take long ...

Hibs fans furious Scott Allan seen partying with Rangers players in picture gaining notoriety on social media.. but what's the truth?

HIBS fans have been left furious after this picture of midfielder Scott Allan out partying with Rangers players appeared on the internet.

The photograph surfaced the day after the Ibrox side thumped Hibs 6-2 – but sources close to Allan say the image is two months old.

... hahaha.gif

He is on the verge of handing in a transfer request at Easter Road in a bid to force a move to the Light Blues.

The Hibees faithful are already furious with the 23-year-old and were angered further at the sight of him flanked by Gers aces David Templeton, Nicky Clark and new boy and close friend Andy Halliday.

The snap appears to have been taken in Glasgow’s Bier Halle pub.

And it was the last thing Hibs fans wanted to see just 24 hours after they were thrashed 6-2 by the Ibrox men.

A source said: “Scott knows a few of the Rangers boys well and was out on an end of season bash with them – he hopes to be doing the same again next season but as a Rangers player.”

Gers have had two bids knocked back for the former West Brom man and Alan Stubbs is adamant he won’t be sold.

But one Hibs fan yesterday wrote online: “We should boot him out the door.”

A source close to the player said the image was two months old however there were claims on Twitter it was taken this weekend.

User @Durrantyjr claimed he worked in the Bier Halle and said the photograph was taken this weekend.

He Tweeted:

Scott Allan in my work on my day off typical could have sorted him a discount if he #HandedItIn

— Max Hugh Durrant (@Durrantyjr) July 26, 2015

When quizzed on whether the picture was current, he replied: “They were in my work one of the boys on shift texted me to tell me.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-fans-furious-scott-allan-6144286