St Mirren game completely sold out

I hate Friday night games personally. I love to look forward to going to the match at the weekend. With the football on the friday it leaves a huge hole in your weekend. It also means you are rushing about to get home from work and then out for your bus. Tomorrow will see me have around 20 minutes in the house before i have to go out again.

But hey, as long as Rangers get about £2.50 from BT Sport for this hassle, who are we to complain?

I'd much prefer a Saturday or Sunday afternoon myself as well, but it is what it is. The biggest hassle for me is getting home so late, but I have that issue with all midweek fixtures, so I basically don't even view a Friday night game as a weekend game, I view it as a midweek game.

Edited by Zappa

Apparently only around 1500 tickets remaining...

It'll be interesting to see how many folk actually make it with it being the holiday season etc. Last season I think the average for ST holders not turning up was several thousand.

It'll be interesting to see how many folk actually make it with it being the holiday season etc. Last season I think the average for ST holders not turning up was several thousand.

Yeah, I'm sure there will still be a few gaps.

However, hopefully those who can't go pass on their tickets!

I'd much prefer a Saturday or Sunday afternoon myself as well, but it is what it is. The biggest hassle for me is getting home so late, but I have that issue with all midweek fixtures, so I basically don't even view a Friday night game as a weekend game, I view it as a midweek game.

Likewise Zappa, I treat these as midweek games also. Horrible to be having blank weekends so early in the season. Everybody is buzzing for the first proper weekend of the new season, Soccer Saturday is back etc, and we have a blank weekend.

The official "attendance" will still be around 49K as it is still based on tickets sold (or given away in other clubs cases!) not actual attendance, as it should be.

Agreed, yet at the same time it sums up modern football very neatly. Money is all that matters. Tickets sold are far more important than people actually being there in the eyes of the modern game.

I am working on Friday evening, and on Saturday morning and Sunday. The only time I could have seen a game this week would have been Saturday afternoon - they should try playing games then sometime, it'd be great for the likes of me.