St Mirren game completely sold out

Really important that the team deliver and not just for the sake of our league campaign.

If we play well and win, those returning to Ibrox after a gap will come again, buy more ST, food, programmes etcs and we might finally start to turn the trading situation around as well.

I'm not sure whether gate receipts alone enable us to balance the books, but given the poor media / merchandising deals, it's critical we keep turning up in huge numbers.

Agreed, yet at the same time it sums up modern football very neatly. Money is all that matters. Tickets sold are far more important than people actually being there in the eyes of the modern game.

I am working on Friday evening, and on Saturday morning and Sunday. The only time I could have seen a game this week would have been Saturday afternoon - they should try playing games then sometime, it'd be great for the likes of me.

Saturday afternoon footy, what a great idea!

You are of course spot on that it is all about the money. My own view is that clubs give the tickets sold number just to boost their season average home crowd, which will then be used to maximise advertising revenue for trackside advertising, adverts in the programme, and official club sponsorship partnerships. Take a certain club in Glasgow that famously gives out crowds of 45-50K when there are clearly around 25-30K inside the ground with the top tier closed etc. That to me is only to save themselves embarrassment at such pathetic crowds for a championship winning side, but more importantly for financial gain. You can imagine the PR blurb coming out from them "get seen by 50K fans every week if you advertise on our big screens" etc

Don't Miss Tonight's Programme.

4c15acd5808a8015edffcf6b6fc4a393_XL.jpg

TONIGHT’S official matchday programme is again packed full with interviews with your favourite Rangers stars - and exclusive photos.

With St Mirren the opponents at Ibrox for the first Ladbrokes Championship fixture of 2015/16 campaign, there is an extended interview with Mark Warburton. The manager gives his thoughts on the progress his squad is making and discusses his hopes and aspirations for the season ahead.

One of Warburton’s first summer signings, Rob Kiernan, is featured on the cover, and inside the powerful defender expresses his delighted after recent wins over Hibs and Peterhead.

With over 32,000 season tickets now sold, he is also excited at the prospect of running out in front of a packed Ibrox this evening and battling for three points against Ian Murray’s men.

Also in the programme, Darren McGregor provides light-hearted answers to a range of questions sent in by fans via Facebook, Twitter and email in ‘On The Spot’.

For ‘Journo’s View’ the Herald’s Graeme Mcpherson gives the lowdown on the Buddies from Paisley who, just on Tuesday, bolstered their squad by signing former Ger Calum Gallagher.

Club Historian David Mason is back for another season in club's matchday publication, and tonight he focuses on the Manager’s Office at the top of the Marble Staircase, which, he recalls, became a home from home for Rangers’ legendary boss Bill Struth.

Also in tonight’s issue is an interview with Development coach Ian Durrant, ‘The Big Interview’ with Sir Alex Ferguson, a tricky quiz and crossword to test your footie knowledge, On This Day, Junior Gers, Andy Cameron and 'The Last Word' with Rangers’ Managing Director Stewart Robertson

All this and much, much more can be found in the first Championship programme of the new season, price just £3. Don’t miss it!

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9793-dont-miss-tonights-programme?