Third Allan bid rejected

I actually take the opposite view , they get less money , lose the player and get another who isn't anywhere near as good , , scot Allan will never get the honor of playing for us , for what it's worth we are the biggest winners in this

It should also be noted that hibs may be losing one of their best players. If they don't gain promotion big heads will roll.

Karma has a habit of doing this kinda thing.

Albeit we will need to see what the final deal looks like, but if the rumoured structure is true, I don't really understand what is in it for Celtic, other than an attemptted GIRFUY to us...

Signing Allan but loaning him back for the season... If true, they clearly don't need him

McGeuch (sp?) too, as part of the deal... thus losing a player from their squad

Henderson on loan (or maybe it was the other boy), another option lost.

Net result, they pay more in wages (allan likely to command more than mcgeuch and henderson combined if its to be worth his while..._) and have less options for their squad.... Plus they're paying out a fee.

Seems mad to me.

FWIW I thought Allan MIGHT have been a useful addition to our MF but that was based mostly on last season where we struggled badly at times. But we move on as they say. This season has only just started and we can already see an improvement without Scott Allan. And I believe MW will still add to our squad (if he can move on 2 or 3 he's inherited) and will we will improve further.

It's a great move for the clubs, but I'm struggling to see how it benefits Allan?

It's a shame it has come to this but he was Hibs player to sell, and they weren't willing to even entertain an offer from us, which is fair enough. We will move on.

Dylan McGeouch ... that was our youth player who defected to the Yahoos and is now being cast off to the Hibees for peanuts? Then again, unless I mistake him with someone else, he was baying for a move to Celtic at the time, being one of them? Not that he wore a Yahoo shirt like Ross McCormack did while still being with us ... (or so the urban Glesca legend goes)

Dylan McGeouch ... that was our youth player who defected to the Yahoos and is now being cast off to the Hibees for peanuts? Then again, unless I mistake him with someone else, he was baying for a move to Celtic at the time, being one of them? Not that he wore a Yahoo shirt like Ross McCormack did while still being with us ... (or so the urban Glesca legend goes)

I think McGeoch was a Celtic youth player before he joined our youth set up

Mark Warburton is building something exciting at Rangers. If Scott Allan isn’t going to be part of that, it’s his loss.

This is how I look at it.

Imagine being a Rangers supporter who wanted 'a big money deal' so much that he would play for them. I can't.

I can but not in these circumstances. If I thought Rangers had no interest in me I would play for them. As in this circumstance I could sign for Rangers and play next to my so called best friend then I would have told them sorry but no thanks.

I can but not in these circumstances. If I thought Rangers had no interest in me I would play for them. As in this circumstance I could sign for Rangers and play next to my so called best friend then I would have told them sorry but no thanks.

That's exactly how I see it. If Rangers weren't interested I'd sign for them -- good move in many ways professionally -- but we are, so the only reason is money. Very disappointing turn of events, but not the end of the world; he was never a required signing.

After the shock development of the 'Scott Allan Affair' most are saying he'll sit on the bench and isn't good enough to make Celtic's midfield.

If he isn't good enough for them then he aint good enough for us. They are welcome to the player.