Third Allan bid rejected

Celtic complete signing of Hibernian's Scott Allan on four-year-deal

STV - 14 August 2015 22:26 BST

Celtic have completed their move for Hibernian's Scott Allan - beating rivals Rangers to the signing of the playmaker.

The 23-year old was the centre of a transfer tug-of-war this summer after multiple bids were turned down from the Ibrox club - with Hibs boss Alan Stubbs adamant that Allan would not be sold to their Championship rivals.

But Celtic have now swooped for the highly-rated midfielder - signing Allan on a four-year-deal following a summer of transfer speculation.

“I am absolutely delighted to sign for Celtic, such a fantastic club," Allan told Celtic's website. "It is such an honour to be given this opportunity and I can’t wait to get started and play my part in bringing success to Celtic and our supporters.

“There are so many exciting challenges ahead for us now in Scotland and in Europe and I am looking forward to being part of all that lies ahead.

"I know a number of players well at the club already, so it will be great to team up with these lads again as well as all my other new team-mates, and I know we will work hard together to bring more good times to our fans."

Celtic manager Ronny Deila said: "We're really pleased to welcome Scott to Celtic. He's a player of huge potential and someone who is hungry for success, a young player who can have a big future at our club."

The move brings to an an end a transfer saga which took many twists and turns over the past few months - with Rotherham United another interested party in the Scotland Under 21 international.

Rangers made an opening bid of £175,000 for Allan on July 23 before following that up with a second bid of around £250,000 just hours later - with Hibs throwing out both offers.

The player himself informed Hibs of his desire to leave the club in the days that followed, as Rangers boss Mark Warburton defending his club's pursuit of Allan.

A third bid from Ibrox for the playmaker was rejected on August 4, with Rotherham United holding a fleeting interest in Allan before dropping out of the race soon after.

But the saga came to a close with Celtic's move for the Hibernian midfielder.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/1326565-celtic-complete-signing-of-hibernians-scott-allan-on-four-year-deal/

Well, what else shall he say, but it still makes you skin crawl when it pours out of a self-confessed Bluenose.

@gerrymcculloch1: Apparently Rangers were happy to pay Scott Allan same wage as Celtic. Hibs just wouldn't sell and player had to get out.

That is probably correct what McCulloch has said.

What I think many of us cannot understand is if Allan is such a great Rangers man why has he signed for the yahoos especially after all he has been saying these past few weeks.

He has signed a 4 year deal.

I'll bet he is long gone well before 4 years.

He'll soon discover(as Kenny Miller found out) the utter hatred these people have towards anyone from a Rangers background

Edited by RANGERRAB

Delighted to miss out on someone I never rated. We can better spend our money elsewhere.

Glad you posted this mate,I have never seen the the big deal with him!,I will follow the managers thinking,we only want players who want to play for Rangers