Third Allan bid rejected

He's heading to Celtc of that I'm sure now.

Seems Hibs have got a good deal, McGeouch on a premenant transfer and Henderson (who I think is a great player) on loan for a season and Celtc get another option in midfield.

Allan could've lived his dream by playing for Rangers had he really wanted to. I understand that as a professional, playing for £15k a week and the lure of Premiership medals and CL football would be difficult to turn down but I honestly don't think he'll get a game for them. He could've waited a year and signed for us, but he could a really bad injury next week which ends his career so I guess he needs to do what he thinks is best for him.

Shame but not surprised to be honest.

The irony in this is that Danny Wilson, a boyhood Celtc fan, knocked back Celtic to sign for us and now Allan is going to sign for them.

This is unfortunate because I think he's a quality player. To see one of the best, and relatively young, Scottish footballers go to our rivals, while we end up with a couple of loan players we have no hope of signing, is disappointing. I feel Allan is one of the best players in Scotland and has sufficient quality to be playing in an SPL winning team. Though at the same time, if Allan was that great he wouldn't be back in Scotland. In a year's time Warburton will most likely be able to get someone similar from the Championship or League 1, I would imagine.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Allan signing for Celtic should come as no surprise to anyone who has spent 30 seconds studying his career. He has no grasp of the concept of loyalty and is clearly only motivated by money.

Whatever we might all think of Dundee Utd his departure from there was very unimpressive. They'd nurtured and developed him and he repays them by bolting for the door the second he could. His choice of clubs to sign for further underlines that it's his wallet that thinks for him. Fulham, then an EPL side with no real record of developing young players, probably made him very wealthy however his career went into reverse and he eventually washes up playing trials in the Scottish Championship four years later.

Again, whatever we might feel about Hibs, they gave him a contract and a platform and invested time and effort in getting his career back on track. He repays them by agitating for a move away after one year. He can hardly be homesick so it can only be about the money, again.

Now I accept that professional footballers view football as a job, any love or emotion they might have felt is kicked out of them when they first sign an S Form. But even viewed as a job and a source of income only, Allan has made some bad career decisions. He should have stayed at Dundee Utd, become a first team regular, got 50 first team matches under his belt and learned his trade before moving to bigger and better things. If he wasn't bright enough to see that his agent or someone in his family should have been.

So if Allan signs for Celtic I'll shed no tears. He might go on to become a legend for them but more likely if he does well he'll be agitating for a move to Burnley or Stoke in 18 months time. The issue in this for me is Celtic showing they can weaken us, or at least prevent us from strengthening, if they want too. It's a marker being thrown down, a statement of intent from their board. We should be flattered, they clearly see us as a rival again, be interesting to see what our strategy to deal with this is though.

His agent will be giving him the hard sell to take the big money and look after his family and the other usual agent talk like It's a short career , get in the shop window for the EPL and play in the champions league.

This is unfortunate because I think he's a quality player. To see one of the best, and relatively young, Scottish footballers go to our rivals, while we end up with a couple of loan players we have no hope of signing, is disappointing. I feel Allan is one of the best players in Scotland and has sufficient quality to be playing in an SPL winning team. Though at the same time, if Allan was that great he wouldn't be back in Scotland. In a year's time Warburton will most likely be able to get someone similar from the Championship or League 1, I would imagine.

Really SBS, there is absolutely nothing to back that claim up. He supposedly had a good season last year, but didnt stand out (IMO) in any of the 7 games against the worst ever Rangers team. He failed in England, and nobody with any serious pedigree has been in for him this summer until now.

This story reminds me of the Scott Brown/Kevin Thomson saga that went on for months and we were nailed on to get both Hibbee Thomson and "Rangers-daft" Brown. We signed the gifted player first and told the thug we would be back in for him next window, but along came the scum with a huge wage and he sold his soul soon afterwards and seemingly has forgotten he supported us previously and was crying on the day he was told Hibs were not selling him to us due to fan pressure (sound familiar?)

As with Brown, the world will not cave in if a mediocre player cannot get leave to come to us when asked, and if Allan decides to just get out of dodge to the only club he is allowed to go to by his current employer, the famous celtic feeder club, then I for one will not be the slightest bit disappointed, and thankful that we did not give the rotten to the core club any of our hard-earned.

I think the fact he travelled to Lennoxtown says it all. if he was not interested he would have told them where to go. I am going to put myself in his position. I as a professional football player would play for Celtic.(Hard hat on.) In this situation where I knew I would be fucking Rangers and can sign for us in a matter of weeks and also taking Hibs view point into consideration, I would have told them politely: Sorry but no thanks.

ANY Rangers supporter who says that they would play/has played for the scum was never a Rangers fan in the first place.

Three parties are involved in any transfer : the selling club, the buying club, and the player.

The perceived wisdom on this particular transfer sees the selling club receive a few hundred grand, a player they know well(Dylan McGeouch), and a season long loan of a similar type play maker, Liam Hendrson. Further, they get a troublesome player, who does not want to be there, out the door. The buying club receive a promising young talent for a peppercorn fee, who provides cover, and rid of a wage and another young talent gains game experience. Both selling and buying clubs get to stick it up Rangers.

The player receives a higher wage, a chance at winning some medals, a sniff at European football, and a long time sitting on the bench. He has Brown, Commons, Biton, Johansen, Armstrong, Mackay-Steven, Forrest, Rogic, ... etc in front of him.

I am disappointed if this transfer goes through; however, it presents another example of the continuing position of weakness that our club finds itself.

We should never have bid for Allan no matter if we were interested or not but simply told him to sign a pre contract in January.

We've given our haters an opportunity to embarrass us & they've duly taken it. Hibz were never selling to us at any price

Scott Allan WON'T say no to Celtic move as Hoops close in on signature of Rangers No.1 signing target

By Keith Jackson

PARKHEAD club given guarantees before making their move as Hibs look set to accept cash plus player deal for their star midfielder.

CELTIC opened negotiations with Hibs yesterday over a price for Scott Allan after receiving private assurances the player will not turn down a move to Parkhead.

Record Sport broke the news online yesterday that Scotland’s champions had entered into negotiations with the Easter Road club over a fee for the 23-year-old who has spent most of the summer agitating for a move to his boyhood heroes Rangers.

Now we can reveal Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell and manager Ronny Deila were only prepared to press the button on the potential swoop after being convinced that Allan is prepared to sign on the dotted line now rather than sit tight for another six months when he’ll be free to sign a pre-contract at Ibrox.

It’s understood those guarantees were given during a series of third party discussions all of which took place before Celtic sanctioned an official move yesterday morning. And now Hibs - who have already booted out three Rangers bids for Allan - are on the brink of accepting a player plus cash deal which could also see Dylan McGeouch moving back across the M8 on a permanent deal.

And, as part of the trade-off, Celtic could be willing to send another two players on loan with youngster Liam Henderson among the possible candidates.

Yesterday both Deila and Hibs counterpart Alan Stubbs picked their words carefully when asked if Allan is on the verge of a shock move to the other side of Glasgow.

Deila - who is set to rake in around £10m from Southampton for defender Virgil van Dijk - said: “I don’t comment on anything until it’s done. We have lots of things, coming out and in, but nothing is clear. When something is clear I will say something.

“We shall see if something happens or not. Right now, nothing is clear.”

Meanwhile, in Edinburgh Stubbs said: “We were very clear when we said Scott Allan was not for sale to Rangers. I think that tells you the club’s stance on that.

“We didn’t say Scott Allan was not for sale at all – we just said Scott Allan was not for sale to Rangers. We’ve said all along we didn’t welcome any bids for Scott. But that’s not to say we’re going to reject everything.”

Stubbs also fiercely defended his club’s handling of Allan’s situation - and defended their right to consider bids from any club other than Rangers.

He continued: “If someone comes in and offers us £3million, as a football club we have a right to discuss that at boardroom level and think what is in our best interests. That is part and parcel of every offer and negotiation that comes into a football club. We as a club have that right.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-allan-wont-say-no-6248060