Third Allan bid rejected

ANY Rangers supporter who says that they would play/has played for the scum was never a Rangers fan in the first place.

I'd disagree with that. Being a Rangers fan shouldn't be defined as hating Celtic.

I don't think I'd play for them myself (but it's easy to say when you're not in that position) but it's more about what they stand for and what they are like as a club and what their supporters are like than me being a Rangers fan.

When you sign for Celtic your boyhood team go out the window. He and his immediate family will become Celtic supporters.I can only talk in the case of Danny McGrain as my parents were close friends of his mother and father. Danny's parents turned from red hot Rangers Supporters to actually hating Rangers. Admittedly they felt hard done to as they felt it was Danny's name that stopped Rangers signing him. It was also Danny McGrains dream to sign for Rangers but once at Celtic it is quite simple you turn to love the club you play for. I don't believe for one minute if Allen signs for Celtic he will regret it the rest of his life. Unless it is a total shambles that is. If he is successful at Celtic he will simply be a Celtic supporter the rest of his life as I am sure Danny Wilson is now a Rangers supporter. And indeed Scott Brown a tim supporter. If he did have a Rangers tattoo I am sure it has been erased by now.

I'd disagree with that. Being a Rangers fan shouldn't be defined as hating Celtic.

I don't think I'd play for them myself (but it's easy to say when you're not in that position) but it's more about what they stand for and what they are like as a club and what their supporters are like than me being a Rangers fan.

So how could anyone claiming to be a Rangers even contemplate it?

What we haven't had we won't miss.

Hibs have made it clear they will not allow him to sign for us during this transfer window meaning we can have no "official" contact with the player.

They have however accepted a bid other than ours thus allowing the interested party to enter negotiations with the player, that's all.

At the end of the day it's up to the player if he chooses to leave now.

Knowing that we are wanting him should be enough to persuade him to hang around until January.

Personally i always stated as a youngster if the Tims wanted to sign me i would sign only if Rangers were not interested. My dad however had a different view.

This scenario reminds me of when during the mid/late 90's we used the Tims as our scouting system, If they moved for a player we would step in and sign him.

I don't think ones boyhood allegiance comes into it. He's a professional; he'll do whats best for his career.

Hibs have got a great deal. I'm not so sure it's a good deal for Allan; undoubtedly a talented young player, but will he get a game?

It's a better package than we were willing to offer, and it was unlikely that we were going to get a bid accepted anyway.

However, it's in the players hands: he can accept it or refuse it; I'm sure we'll be on the phone in January if he refuses.

I don't know how anyone could contemplate it, so it's not just being a Rangers fan Not all Rangers fans have the same views on various issues as me, and the level of dislike of Celtic should not define how much of a Rangers fan you are.

For some (and that can be quite a few "some") it is just Black & White when it comes to the Scum. But the world isn't black & white, and this even starts when it comes what Rangers means to each individual fan. I doubt that you will find that many people on Rangers boards who would understand how a supposed Bluenose can sign for the Scum, on a personal level. Yet, that doesn't stop us from seeing sense in what he is doing on a more rational level.

Maybe we wait and see whether he brings the house down and does a Novo. Would result in quite some fall out in certain places.

He will sign for them. Lawell would never have let this go public without doing his homework on that first, because of how it would blow up in his face. Make no mistake he will be enjoying the spin that this will cause just as much as the bitterest Dhim.

He will sign for them. Lawell would never have let this go public without doing his homework on that first, because of how it would blow up in his face. Make no mistake he will be enjoying the spin that this will cause just as much as the bitterest Dhim.

As I have said already,it's up to the player himself where he will go, he only asked for a transfer after Rangers offer was knocked back! suggesting he wants to come to Ibrox?,if he goes to them then we move on and keep building a team without him,his loss not ours IMO.