Third Allan bid rejected

BBC saying he's having a medical there just now.

Very perplexing move for me. Winners are Hibs though.

I actually take the opposite view , they get less money , lose the player and get another who isn't anywhere near as good , , scot Allan will never get the honor of playing for us , for what it's worth we are the biggest winners in this

Our aim is to win the league,at worse get promoted,and I'm confident we will do that regardless of who SA is playing for.

SSN also saying he is there for a medical

I don't think there is any doubt we will win the league comfortably. The idea of either of the old firm not winning the second tier is comical, and was only made possible by perplexing incompetence. We have the best manager we have had since Advocaat and will soon be a force to be reckoned with.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

He'll be getting paid more than we could give him, he'll get a Premiership medal and European football.

It's a no-brainer for any pro footballer I'm afraid.

Short-sighted perhaps from Allan as I don think he'd develop into a better player under Warburton but nevertheless, footballers have short careers and it's a big gamble for him to wait until Jhanuary for Rangers when a whole manner of things could've happened by then such as Warbs getting sacked, Allan getting a bad injury, he has a catastyrophic loss of form.

He needs to go to Celtc and there's nothing we can do about it and I honestly think if Warburton REALLY wanted him then he'd be here now. (maybe)

It's not a no brainer and I would argue on the money side , especially if he doesn't play regularly , time will tell , to be honest I'm just glad it's over , the way some are going on you would think it was Messi we were arguing about

I actually take the opposite view , they get less money , lose the player and get another who isn't anywhere near as good , , scot Allan will never get the honor of playing for us , for what it's worth we are the biggest winners in this

Agreed. We are on an exciting journey this season,Warburton has a reputation of improving young players,important to remember Warburton only wants players who want to play for Rangers.

I've never been that taken with SA.

Record FC Rangers: Hibs are the second team in a city that doesn't even like football

by Jonathan​McFarlane​

JONNY McFARLANE turns his sights on the Hibees but says that Rangers have to share a big portion of the blame for missing out on Scott Allan.

THE gut-punch signing coup of Scott Allan by Celtic has been somewhat softened by the definitive end to the mind numbing boredom of listening to serial drone Alan Stubbs repeating endlessly that Hibs won’t sell to ‘direct rivals’.

Delusions of grandeur have never been in short supply at Easter Road but this line really does take the biscuit.

The hard reality is that Hibs are the second team in a city that doesn’t even like football. They are about as big time as the groups of over privileged, Oxbridge educated “performance arts” types that fill their city at this time of year.

Hibs should grasp that the minor blip that was the McCoist/Green era is over and normal service is being resumed.

Talking of Mr McCoist, it’s important to remember his role in all of this. Back when Allan burst onto the scene at Dundee United there was a lot of speculation in the press that Rangers might want to make an offer.

McCoist even commented “In terms of talent for the future, he’s right up there with anything in the country” and stated that the club wanted to speak to the player about a 400k move.

It’s utterly galling then that a mere 2 years later, McCoist chose to ignore the option of signing the player for free and instead renewed the deal of Kyle Hutton, a player who in signing for Queen of the South has now found his level.

It’s just another example of the haphazard, strategy-free approach of a man who still has the gall to take an enormous weekly salary from the club he claims to love.

As for the player himself, I can understand his desire to look after his family and secure a big money move.

Looking at it impartially, if he decided to wait until January, he could do his cruciate ligament next week and be out of the game for 18 months.

Who pays him for the year that he isn’t under contract? Who would pay for his treatment? I seriously doubt Rangers, so given Hibs reluctance to do a deal he may feel forced into a corner.

The flip side to this is that a player who stagnated in the reserves at West Brom and at 23 has only had one full season of football under his belt. Once again he’s going to sign a big deal at a team where he wont get game time.

It’s hard to understand where the lad fits in. Is he really going to replace Johansen, Brown, Bitton or Commons?

Ultimately this boils down to another financially driven move by a player who has already suffered from that kind of decision in the past.

Mark Warburton is building something exciting at Rangers. If Scott Allan isn’t going to be part of that, it’s his loss. We are moving forward but the question is, will he?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/record-fc-rangers-hibs-second-6250614

Warburton will come out of this transfer saga a lot wiser imo, if he didn't know the politics involved in Scottish football, he'll certainly know now. Imo you learn more from the setbacks, tribulations and failures in life, than you learn from the easy , smooth hassle free times.

Decent player who wanted to come to us and isn't going to get the chance. Timing wasn't right. A shame but it happens. But it's not like we've missed out on the next Platini.

A transfer saga that long since stopped being about his value as a player. Glad it looks like it's over and everyone can focus on getting on with more important stuff.

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

The amount of words that this player and his situation has generated throughout the media (including social) is wholly disproportionate with his ability and importance.

Get over it and get on with the football....................

Clearly this guy is about as intelligent as Scott Brown, and is being guided by his agent. I dont know who his agent is but it wouldnt surprise me to hear he has celtic leanings. As previously stated, this has all the hallmarks of the Scott Brown transfer when he was represented by a bheast. The fact this whole story has been played out in the media will not have come from our club, but from his agent and Hibs clubbing together to ensure this deal didnt happen and we got as much bad press as possible (not difficult in this climate).

I for one am absolutely delighted that we have missed out on an over-rated player because we refused to be held to ransom. I am delighted we have acted professionally and not been drawn into the war of words. I am not convinced that Warburton was all that interested in the first place, given we have been linked with Allan for a lot longer than Warburton has been manager. Perhaps someone on our staff had promised the boy we would bid in the summer, and Warburton has ok'd it to a limit, and we have refused to pay what Hibs were asking. I dont believe he was never for sale to us, just that they wanted more money so they could say to their fans they couldnt refuse a great offer.

A celtic supporting friend of mine said (before they were linked with him) that he seen a lot of the young Scott Brown in this lad (hardly a lad at 23 but never mind) and when I asked him last night what he thought now it looked like he was signing for them, he repeated that statement but thought there were better players already in place than him. (He also said that Delia would probably play him in the wrong position just like most of the rest of the team!) If indeed he goes on to have a career similar to Scott Brown, I will be even more relieved that we missed out on him. Scumbags and snarlers who can run about kicking opponents are not what I like to watch.