I don't think the players mentioned -- Law, Wallace and Miller -- have been any better, in terms of their performance, than last year. I still see the same things from Wallace, Law and Miller. I think what is different is the way the team around them play. They are more structured, and more aware of what each has to do. Wallace always bombed forward, but for a lack of passing options -- the wee one-two -- he always ended up crossing/chipping the ball into the box. Now there are passing options, and therefore we see more effective moves. Law and Miller are the same: playing within a more organised and capable team allows their qualities to become effective also. I remember Kenny always coming deep to receive the ball and -- with his awful control -- he always ended up losing it. Now he can get on the end of things, and if he does come deep there are passing options and one-twos available so he doesn't have to have the ball for long. I think they are playing similarly to last year, but the team around them is better organised and more effective in their attacking, allowing what these guys did last year to be more effective.

Im not a fan of law. Very few goals or assists and too many side passes. Severe lack of vision when it comes to making a telling pass.

Law was our top scorer last season.....

As for Miller, I think the system that MW has instilled suits him a lot more. There appears to be a lot less "leg work" - he's letting the wing backs & others do the majority of the grunt work, then ensuring his placement is optimal to get scoring chances.

I don't think the players mentioned -- Law, Wallace and Miller -- have been any better, in terms of their performance, than last year. I still see the same things from Wallace, Law and Miller. I think what is different is the way the team around them play. They are more structured, and more aware of what each has to do. Wallace always bombed forward, but for a lack of passing options -- the wee one-two -- he always ended up crossing/chipping the ball into the box. Now there are passing options, and therefore we see more effective moves. Law and Miller are the same: playing within a more organised and capable team allows their qualities to become effective also. I remember Kenny always coming deep to receive the ball and -- with his awful control -- he always ended up losing it. Now he can get on the end of things, and if he does come deep there are passing options and one-twos available so he doesn't have to have the ball for long. I think they are playing similarly to last year, but the team around them is better organised and more effective in their attacking, allowing what these guys did last year to be more effective.

you must be joking.

you must be joking.

I explain why I think that. Perhaps my wording is imprecise, but essentially I see those players doing the same as last year, but with the team around them more suitable to their game. I don't think they're necessarily playing that much better -- I'll admit they may be -- but the team around them is better, and the way they play means their performances are more effective.

I explain why I think that. Perhaps my wording is imprecise, but essentially I see those players doing the same as last year, but with the team around them more suitable to their game. I don't think they're necessarily playing that much better -- I'll admit they may be -- but the team around them is better, and the way they play means their performances are more effective.

If I may.I think what you mean is that these players got caught up in the general malaise of last season(to which they contributed)

Now they are part of a TEAM,all pulling together with a genuine sense of purpose.

It's not rocket science.

Miller looks better as our midfield now keeps possession and creates chances....he can now play as a forward rather than the midfielder he constantly became last season.

Law looks better as he's a creative player, he lacks in the defensive area. As we are going forward more he can play his true game.

Wallace looks better as he's a wing-back, not a full-back and has a team that can back up this style and allows him to play his natural game.

Have they got better or are merely being allowed to play their natural games?

Hmm.

Put it this way. Many lauded Murdoch to the skies last season (not me) as he ran around everywhere trying to win the ball back.

This season, he can't get a game.

Perhaps, we're simply playing our players to their strengths. Ergo they play better and look better.

Right now we don't need Murdoch trying to win the ball back....we've got it 70% of the time.