Raith hold off competition to sign former Rangers striker Jon Daly

Yet, he scored quite a lot of headed goals, IIRC ...

He did but, in general, his jumping ability/technique while at our club was poor and resulted in foul after foul being given away. He seemed to prefer to stand his ground and lean on defenders rather than attack the ball and win it cleanly.

Like I say, I think his dodgy knees were perhaps the main issue in that respect so it's a risky transfer for Raith if they want to use his as an aerial focal point.

He did but, in general, his jumping ability/technique while at our club was poor and resulted in foul after foul being given away. He seemed to prefer to stand his ground and lean on defenders rather than attack the ball and win it cleanly.

Like I say, I think his dodgy knees were perhaps the main issue in that respect so it's a risky transfer for Raith if they want to use his as an aerial focal point.

Just like I said in the OP I have never seen such a big guy lose so many aerial duels.

Yet, he scored quite a lot of headed goals, IIRC ...

Aird made quite a few for him with crosses from the right.

The big guy did his best, I doubt he'd lay claim to being the best footballer in the world but he was miles better than Boyd.

I think he was an "honest" player.

Good luck to him.

He always gave his best, not always good enough but tried.

I recall it took him a while to find the back of the net but when he finally broke his duck at Airdrie he ran across to where we were seated near the corner flag and boy did he celebrate.

Good luck to him.

Never a great player, but I'll not see a bad word said about him: tried his best, honest, did his job well enough. He was good in League 1, but poor in Champ (he had that injury as well IIRC?). I don't think it was solely down to the players though: the tactics, the confidence, the off-field problems created an absolute mess. I'm pleased to see most sticking up for the guy.

Probably a player I will forget even wore the jersey eventually but good luck to him.

We certainly had worse strikers during the last 3 years like Kevin Kyle and Boyd Spell2.

As for Black, just a poser but could probably do a job for a Motherwell or St Johnstone.

Probably a player I will forget even wore the jersey eventually but good luck to him.

We certainly had worse strikers during the last 3 years like Kevin Kyle and Boyd Spell2.

As for Black, just a poser but could probably do a job for a Motherwell or St Johnstone.

I doubt if Black has the legs now for the top division. There seems to have been a move to young fit players. I think Black's legs are goosed tbh.