Breaking: Green, Whyte And Whitehouse to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court tomorrow

I just hope they get the puppet master and not just the puppets.

Rangers supporters should now be writing to your MP's demanding a public Inquiry as Frankie has been advocating.

no weren't "found guilty" of anything. There was no court case or tribunal.

HMRC decided EBT's were illegal and demanded £50 million back tax + £50 million fine from us.

we appealed and won on the First tier tax tribunal.

Hmrc appealed that at an Upper tier tax tribunal and we won again.

HMRC appealed that and we're awaiting the outcome.

If we weren't found guilty of anything....what did we appeal.

HMRC deemed (ie. found us guilty), that we had breeched the rules on EBT use & issued a fine accordingly. There was no court case or tribunal, coz one wasn't needed. We appealed HMRC's ruling/fine & won. HMRC have appealed that decision & lost.

(I may have either added an extra HMRC appeal or I am foretelling the outcome....)

HMRC decided EBT's were illegal and demanded £50 million back tax + £50 million fine from us.

Guilty is probably the wrong word, but did HMRC not find we were liable for it?

Guilty is probably the wrong word, but did HMRC not find we were liable for it?

HMRC decided we were using EBT's illegally. Nothing legal in a court or a tribunal. They decided off their own bat and so far have been shown to be wrong in law.

£24 Million was it not? - the actual Tax demand.

the rest just made up shite like fines.

£24 Million was it not? - the actual Tax demand.

the rest just made up shite like fines.

With penalties the total became more every week. Did it not end at 124 million at the end.

Seeing you know so much about HMRC care to tell us why they settled EBT's with Arsenal (& Chelsea ?) but refused to settle with Rangers?

Rab, I wont get into your pettiness about my credentials......... But my professional career has seen me deal with multiple tax offices in both England and Scotland, having once headed up the tax department in the public accounting firm that I worked with. So I would contend that whilst you seem to want to call into question my credentials I would suggest that my credentials on HMRC matters are probably (though, admittedly, I don't know your professional background) a little better than yours.

HMRC can decide whom they decide to chase and whom they decide to settle with - you make it sound like each case is exactly the same, which is not necessarily the case. The small nuances of tax legislation could have meant that they could see bigger gains (from other companies) by chasing RFC as opposed to Arsenal & Chelsea. HMRC, as far as I am aware (could be wrong on this one for sure), do not dictate cases to pursue from a central office - the pursuit of Rangers is likely to have been initiated from East Kilbride, not London (or wherever the main hub is for England).

I'm not saying they are blameless but I don't see it as being as black and white as you like to think - tax and its legislation, by definition, is not black and white - otherwise you wouldn't have both "tax avoidance" and "tax evasion"

Safety issues I would imagine.

More importantly I expect my apology from gogzy will be winging it's way to me as I speak! :-P

Give him his due he was the only one to have the decency to pm and apologise to me when they blamed me for BH's sacking from the Fans Board.