Club Statement - Raith Rovers

RANGERS FC insists there are no grounds for Raith Rovers’ allegation that a rule breach may have been committed by the Club. Rangers also consider that Raith Rovers' spurious claim could have besmirched the honour of assistant manager David Weir by making specific reference to him.

Neither Rangers nor David Weir acted wrongly in requesting the return from Under-19 Scotland duty of Ryan Hardie ahead of tomorrow’s Ladbrokes Championship match against Raith Rovers. This was done with the approval of the SFA, within the rules and in the full knowledge that Raith Rovers would be offered the same opportunity to bring Craig Wighton, their loan player from Dundee, home.

They declined but then issued a statement alleging Rangers has somehow broken the rules. This action is baffling.

Rangers, as many other clubs have done in the past, acted within the rules and the very thought that David Weir, who served his country with great distinction winning 69 caps, might have been trying to undermine an international side is preposterous.

Rangers has also written directly to Raith Rovers Chief Executive Eric Drysdale seeking to understand his Club’s motive behind such vexatious action and an apology to David is the very least Raith Rovers should be offering.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/10031-club-statement

Rangers has also written directly to Raith Rovers Chief Executive Eric Drysdale seeking to understand his Club’s motive behind such vexatious action and an apology to David is the very least Raith Rovers should be offering.

Good luck getting an apology out of Mr illegal transfer embargo.

It's unlikely to happen, but I'd love to see our traveling support boycott Starks Park.

Were Raith the club who voted against us joining the SFL to play in the old 3rd Division?

Chris Graham retweeted

Eric Drysdale ‏@perthrover Apr 6

@Pmacgiollabhain Phil, I know Turnbull valued greatly his chats with you. We will all miss him greatly.

Eric Drysdale

Phil MacGiollaBhain ‏@Pmacgiollabhain Apr 6

@perthrover Thanks Eric. I'm still taking it in. He'll be missed.

My condolences to his family and all at the Rovers.

0 retweets 1 favorite

@Pmacgiollabhain will pass your comments on, Phil. Emails received from around the world are testament to the esteem in which he was held.

9 retweets 10 favorites

@perthrover

Thanks Eric.

Come the hour come the man and 2012 was the hour...

the national game in Scotland owes him a huge debt.

7 retweets 12 favorites

https://twitter.com/ChrisGraham76

Wow, that is quite the admission that sectarian hatred was the real reason Turnbull Hutton was so outspoken in 2012 about us. Cosy wee chats with an out and out sectarian bigot at the time where he was supposed to be doing what was best for his club and for Scottish football, and all they seem to have been interested in was how to hurt Rangers.

I see this clown Drysdale is continuing Hutton's hatred of our club on behalf of his wee club. Perhaps he should spend more time trying to get more than a few hundred fans through the door of his club. Hopefully relegation beckons.

Good luck getting an apology out of Mr illegal transfer embargo.

It's unlikely to happen, but I'd love to see our traveling support boycott Starks Park.

Were Raith the club who voted against us joining the SFL to play in the old 3rd Division?

Could be wrong,but i think this was Albion Rovers.

Wasn't it Kilmarnock that abstained?

They did,but this was a vote to keep us in the premier league.

When we applied for memership of Scottish football,starting in the 3rd division,1club voted against us being readmitted(wanted us finished forever)

Im sure it was Abion rovers,but as i said icould be mistaken.

Chris Graham retweeted

@Pmacgiollabhain Phil, I know Turnbull valued greatly his chats with you. We will all miss him greatly.

Eric Drysdale

@perthrover Thanks Eric. I'm still taking it in. He'll be missed.

My condolences to his family and all at the Rovers.

0 retweets 1 favorite

@Pmacgiollabhain will pass your comments on, Phil. Emails received from around the world are testament to the esteem in which he was held.

9 retweets 10 favorites

@perthrover

Thanks Eric.

Come the hour come the man and 2012 was the hour...

the national game in Scotland owes him a huge debt.

7 retweets 12 favorites

https://twitter.com/ChrisGraham76

Love it these guys are going to their graves obsessed and twisted up with their hatred of Rangers. phil the phuck up is one seriously ill guy. That he still spends his every waking minute writing and obsessing and wishing we would disappear into thin air is the traits of someone on the edge. I hope the haters all twist and turn and endure sleepless nights hurting and plotting in their diseased minds ways to damage us. Sad sad wankers...