McCoist Meeting with King ?

At the time McCoist endorsed Green, who else was around to save the day? I'm not talking about McCoist's implied payoff here, but the fact he helped push the fans to save the club.

Whether Green's offer was the highest or not, he did own the club. If you were so insightful at the time Green needed McCoist to endorse him, why did you pitch in?

In what way did I "pitch in"?

Like the rest of us, you were desperate for the club to survive - almost, no matter how.

I was indeed, but we would have survived regardless of Green and in all probability would be in a better place right now had he never shown his face in Edmiston Drive.

I'd bet you that there were great numbers of fans who had reservations about Green, but pitched in on McCoist's say so.

Of course there were but that doesn't make McCoist's behavior any less disgusting. I sat at the meeting where McCoist (seated next to Green at the time) was asked if fans should back Green and buy season tickets his response was negative but low and behold his agent negotiated a deal where McCoist picked up a million shares which they then valued at £1.20 per share not the eventual 70p and the cry was "buy,buy,buy".

Edited by forlanssister

At the time McCoist endorsed Green, who else was around to save the day? I'm not talking about McCoist's implied payoff here, but the fact he helped push the fans to save the club.

Whether Green's offer was the highest or not, he did own the club. If you were so insightful at the time Green needed McCoist to endorse him, why did you pitch in?

In what way did I "pitch in"?

I was indeed, but we would have survived regardless of Green and in all probability would be in a better place right now had he never shown his face in Edmiston Drive.

Of course there were but that doesn't make McCoist's behavior any less disgusting. I sat at the meeting where McCoist (seated next to Green at the time) was asked if fans should back Green and buy season tickets his response was negative but low and behold his agent negotiated a deal where McCoist picked up a million shares which they then valued at £1.20 per share not the eventual 70p and the cry was "buy,buy,buy".

You're moving the argument from McCoist to Green- he'll get what's coming to him.

As far as McCoist goes, whatever his motivation, I am maintaining that McCoist's endorsement was critical to the fans buying into the club under Green.

The fans were not daft, they could sense that Green was another s*** in a suit. Regardless, they wanted to pitch in and support the club and McCoist was there with the encouragement they needed.

You can spew forth your obvious dislike of Green and of McCoists motives, but it doesn't change the fact that McCoist tipped the scales for the fans in their support of Green.

As far as you pitching in, that was an assumption on my part - you're still here.

You're moving the argument from McCoist to Green- he'll get what's coming to him.

As far as McCoist goes, whatever his motivation, I am maintaining that McCoist's endorsement was critical to the fans buying into the club under Green.

The fans were not daft, they could sense that Green was another s*** in a suit. Regardless, they wanted to pitch in and support the club and McCoist was there with the encouragement they needed.

You can spew forth your obvious dislike of Green and of McCoists motives, but it doesn't change the fact that McCoist tipped the scales for the fans in their support of Green.

As far as you pitching in, that was an assumption on my part - you're still here.

Im sure you are correct that Allys endorsement influenced many fans to pitch in. Remember that knowledge of Ally selling out by accepting the million shares came much later and was not exactly volunteered from the great one. ally gave the impression he had been given proof of good intentions between his no endorsement no trust stance and his all in backing.

Of course McCoist's endorsement was critical that's why Green crossed his palm with all that silver, however I'm at a loss as how that could in any way be seen as a positive in regards to RFC.

Funnily enough dissenting voices against Green were few and far between what there undoubtedly was a mild hesitation which quickly evaporated once McCoist had been payed to sing a different tune.

There's no debate that the fans bought their season tickets once Green had bought McCoist but again I fail to see how that's a positive in regards to RFC.

Why wouldn't I be?

I'm not even remotely convinced that McCoist tipping the scales in favor of their support of Green was the right thing for McCoist to do - and almost certainly not in the best interests of the Club

The point here is that if McCoist hadn't supported Green the fans would have continued to boycott Green. Would that have resulted in admin 2 ? Possibly. But that also would probably have meant that we would have been rid Greenco far earlier than we were and with far less money spewed out the door on who knows what...

For me though.... much as though it pains me seeing what we DID go through.... it also means we might not have been in a position, or at the right time, to get Warburton in the managerial hot seat - and we all know we have won a watch there.

Everything happens for a reason - and at this point having that delay has certainly helped us from a footballing department perspective.

Edited by craig

I'm not even remotely convinced that McCoist tipping the scales in favor of their support of Green was the right thing for McCoist to do - and almost certainly not in the best interests of the Club

The point here is that if McCoist hadn't supported Green the fans would have continued to boycott Green. Would that have resulted in admin 2 ? Possibly. But that also would probably have meant that we would have been rid Greenco far earlier than we were and with far less money spewed out the door on who knows what...

For me though.... much as though it pains me seeing what we DID go through.... it also means we might not have been in a position, or at the right time, to get Warburton in the managerial hot seat - and we all know we have won a watch there.

Everything happens for a reason - and at this point having that delay has certainly helped us from a footballing department perspective.

Do you honestly think that after the vicious treatment the club received from the SPL & SFA after admin1 and liquidation1 the member clubs of these organizations would have allowed us to continue, in any form, if we had immediately suffered another insolvency event?

If I remember correctly, the possibility of being under their influences yet again was a real fear of the fans at that time, and long-term thinking beyond sheer survival was at a premium. Remember how tenuous was the hold on our SFA membership.

Do you honestly think that after the vicious treatment the club received from the SPL & SFA after admin1 and liquidation1 the member clubs of these organizations would have allowed us to continue, in any form, if we had immediately suffered another insolvency event?

If I remember correctly, the possibility of being under their influences yet again was a real fear of the fans at that time, and long-term thinking beyond sheer survival was at a premium. Remember how tenuous was the hold on our SFA membership.

I shudder to think what would have happened to us had there been another insolvency event. And some of our supporters just don't seem to realise this.