McCoist Meeting with King ?

Do you honestly think that after the vicious treatment the club received from the SPL & SFA after admin1 and liquidation1 the member clubs of these organizations would have allowed us to continue, in any form, if we had immediately suffered another insolvency event?

If I remember correctly, the possibility of being under their influences yet again was a real fear of the fans at that time, and long-term thinking beyond sheer survival was at a premium. Remember how tenuous was the hold on our SFA membership.

I do not believe we would have suffered another insolvency event at that time. Green's paymasters were not about let their cash cow slip away from their grasp.

Within days of Green gaining control he was trying to flog 50% for £6m the rub being the £6m went to Greenco and not the club.

In persuading the fans to back Green all McCoist did apart from filling his pockets was ensure there was a fatter pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for Greenco, there was bugger all in it for Rangers.

Edited by forlanssister

I do not believe we would have suffered another insolvency event at that time. Green's paymasters were not about let their cash cow slip away from their grasp.

Within days of Green gaining control he was trying to flog 50% for £6m the rub being the £6m went to Greenco and not the club.

In persuading the fans to back Green all McCoist did apart from filling his pockets was ensure there was a fatter pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for Greenco, there was bugger all in it for Rangers.

Well then, I guess the fans needn't have bothered doing anything since Charles had it all under control.

We would have got to this point anyway without any problem, eh?

McCoist was a fans favorite, he was an absolute hero in the "we dont do walking away" era and all of a sudden people hate him like he never did anything good for Rangers. He made mistakes, like we all do, but for me, he will always stay super Ally, one of the greatest ever Rangers. The money he gets (right or wrong) maybe next to nothing compared to the cash Rangers were losing courtesy of countless boardroom criminals in the last years. So please leave the guy alone and move on...

I think the situation with Ally should be split into two pieces, much like the tenure of David Murray. While Murrays first decade in charge is viewed by most as being very successful , his legacy was certainly spoiled by his final decade. I personally thank Murray for the first decade where he built on the revolution started by David Holmes and Graeme Souness, and brought us "9" and should have won the European Cup in '93 if not for cheating Frogs. I hate Murray for the last decade, the vast overspending followed by severe cuts and downsizing and finished off with the bank running us in his name due to his inclusion of our club in his portfolio when it should always have been a standalone. His selling off of our cash-raising assets and his eventual acceptance of the £1 bid from Whyte, no matter the pressure from the bank.

As far as Ally goes, he gets my eternal thanks for the part he played during our administration period, and even more so in fighting off the Celtic-inspired attempt at stealing our titles and cups. He stood alone at many meetings with other clubs, SFA, SPL, lawyers etc and fought and fought for our rights. However as a manager the football has been awful, the results poor when they mattered, i.e. the cups, and failing to win the challenge cup in 3 goes is to his eternal shame. He failed to recognise when things were not going well, failed to bring in the experienced coach for a fresh start and ditch his mate in Kenny clipboard, and finally has steadfastly refused to rip up his contract while not working his years notice, despite the financial difficulties the club were in.

Perhaps, like Greig after his pathetic managerial reign, time will heal and us fans will remember more the record goal-scorer, mainstay of "9", and guy who fought more than anyone in our darkest hour against our many enemies to keep our "54" intact. I hope so but it is far too raw just now.

McCoist was a fans favorite, he was an absolute hero in the "we dont do walking away" era and all of a sudden people hate him like he never did anything good for Rangers. He made mistakes, like we all do, but for me, he will always stay super Ally, one of the greatest ever Rangers. The money he gets (right or wrong) maybe next to nothing compared to the cash Rangers were losing courtesy of countless boardroom criminals in the last years. So please leave the guy alone and move on...

How can we move along? He's our highest earner.

Super ally put English Champions Leeds Utd to the sword in both legs in 1992...he also scored a hat-trick in a Cup final against those who cover up their history. He's been called 'The Judge' because he sat on the bench with the 'Durie' . He won 2 golden boots in consecutive seasons, during this time he scored 355 goals for Rangers 22 of them against those with the aforementioned 'dodgy' history....watch all of them here if you dare...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1VtdATJt4Y