Armed Forces Day At Ibrox this weekend (vs Livingston)

I apologise then bearger apart from you

No need, I should not have used the word p...

"Armed Forces Day is a chance to show your support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community: from currently serving troops to Service families, veterans and cadets."

Don't think anyone could be offended by that.

I'm nearly sixty and i haven't been involved in a war. Thanks to to our armed forces past and present, me and the young team can sit in safety and comfort, whilst they put their lives on the line, so we all can have the freedom to do that. It's not jingoistic and certainly no pantomime, celebrating their sacrifice and bravery. If you feel so strongly about it, stay away tomorrow, same goes for Johnmc.

If you read my post you will not see one word against our armed forces or the sentiment behind tomorrow's program. My critisism is of some fans behaviour. I will be there as usual tomorrow, thanks.

I am sixty ya we so and so lol and I luv it and we show put those idiots to shame over in the east end of the city they probably don't no eight of their players died in the war fighting for their country

Agreed.

I think some of the reservations that some of us have about this day revolve around it having become something of a "point scoring over the timz" exercise (for some) rather than a straightforward "chance to show your support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community: from currently serving troops to Service families, veterans and cadets."

I use the word "some" a lot in these couple of lines because I see the thread lurching into "either/or" "black/white" territory at times when I don't think that accurately reflects the things that are being said. Apologies if my assumptions are wrong.

I think some of the reservations that some of us have about this day revolve around it having become something of a "point scoring over the timz" exercise (for some) rather than a straightforward "chance to show your support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community: from currently serving troops to Service families, veterans and cadets."

I use the word "some" a lot in these couple of lines because I see the thread lurching into "either/or" "black/white" territory at times when I don't think that accurately reflects the things that are being said. Apologies if my assumptions are wrong.

With respect SteveC consider this.

Sometimes when I'm watching the news, or even a show, on tv the station will give a warning such as - 'the following content may be disturbing to some people, please be advised.'

Now, before you go to the game the content is fully advertised and if you wish to watch on tv the upcoming half-time content is advertised. Whether you watch or not is up to you. Just as in the previous seasons the dross that Ally put before us was your choice to watch or not.

I have just watched another Mark Warburton presser and the man is right. I'm paraphrasing here but you're left in no doubt as to his meaning - 'With respect to the other team, we only care what is right for Rangers.'

I think that same message must be conveyed when Rangers and its supporters celebrate Armed Forces Day. Unfortunately for you if you don't agree, find a distraction while the mutual love-in is taking place.

Thanks Barca, no need for the "with respect", but it was polite of you to phrase it so.

I didn't say I didn't agree - if work and distance allowed I'd happily be there tomorrow. I said the motivations of some have caused some disquiet in recent years precisely because a 'love-in with the services' was not the uppermost thing in their minds, rather something far pettier was there, somewhat belittling to the main aim of the day.

I for one am not ashamed or embarrassed to acknowledge the amazing and frequently unrewarded job our servicemen and servicewomen do.

The sacrifice our fallen have made is always duly respected on Remembrance Sunday and Armistice Day so I do not think it is too much to ask to allow representatives of our service personnel to receive some thanks and gratitude from a vast majority of appreciative citizens at Ibrox Stadium once a year.

Heartfelt thanks to each and every one of them from me and mine. I hope those who are attending Ibrox have a ball!