Ally McCoist - Club Statement

Glad it's over to be honest. We'll hear a lot about it in the press and media but the deal's been done and the chapter is now closed, officially.

Looking forward to reading all the details about the whole situation from both sides, hopefully.

I kind of get the impression that for this, and the lateness of halving his wage, his possition is: "I was always willing but the board didn't sit down and ask me till now."

Hmm... more than a bit lame.

In the end he worked more for the money than all of the last board and he made the difference for securing 5 SPL titles. Probably makes him more value than the likes of Klos and Numan who for a while took an even bigger wage for doing nothing too. Dozens of others you could add to that list, including Advocaat's last season where he was "promoted" to DoF.

Doesn't excuse it, as he's hardly the worst offender, but probably the most disappointing.

Yep FS I take back everything I said about him.

So gracious of him to forego the last 3 months of an exhorbitant contract.

At the very least he should have stopped claiming his wages the minute king and co took over.

I don't know enough about the 'labour laws' mentioned in the Dave king presser video thread clip , to know whether to agree with those sentiments or if McCoist was prevented in doing so for some reason.

Since I was a youthful 'Ally, Ally GTF'er back in the early 80's I've always had a guilty conscience where Ally is concerned, so I'm quite prepared to draw a veil over both the 'football' his teams played and his financial dealings and simply remember the goalscorer who brought me so much happiness.

Those who prefer to hate the sight of a club icon are perfectly entitled to their opinion, I'd just say nobody is perfect.

Best of luck in the future, Ally.

I kind of get the impression that for this, and the lateness of halving his wage, his possition is: "I was always willing but the board didn't sit down and ask me till now."

Hmm... more than a bit lame.

In the end he worked more for the money than all of the last board and he made the difference for securing 5 SPL titles. Probably makes him more value than the likes of Klos and Numan who for a while took an even bigger wage for doing nothing too. Dozens of others you could add to that list, including Advocaat's last season where he was "promoted" to DoF.

Doesn't excuse it, as he's hardly the worst offender, but probably the most disappointing.

I hardly see the relevance of comparing him to the last board. We are all in agreement how useless they were, as were most of us about Ally's managerial ability.

More value than Klos and Numan? Did I just read that right?

We were hugely successful when Advocaat moved upstairs, I'm not really sure what his involvement was in that but I'm sure he was doing more for his money than the gardener.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

He must have got around £500k for sitting at home on gardening leave ...

vs

Ally, the Club's highest ever goalscorer, took over as manager at the beginning of what turned out to be the most traumatic period in the Club's long history. When the Club's holding company entered administration and then liquidation, Ally stepped forward and became a figurehead in the struggle to keep the Club alive.

During this period Ally worked without pay and later also took a 50% salary reduction to help keep the Club going.

While we all have our own opinions about his managerial skills, it would be good to keep a few things in mind. I'm not defending what he did since King took over, just saying that it is of no use either just to give it to him with both barrels. (Not specifically aimed at you, Rab.)

Unless I am mistaken, he gave all the voting rights he had due to his shares to a local supporters' club, did he not?

Edited by der Berliner

vs

While we all have our own opinions about his managerial skills, it would be good to keep a few things in mind. I'm not defending what he did since King took over, just saying that it is of no use either just to give it to him with both barrels. (Not specifically aimed at you, Rab.)

Unless I am mistaken, he gave all the voting rights he had due to his shares to a local supporters' club, did he not?

Even after the pay cut he was still on an exorbitant salary that made him the highest paid manager in Scottish football. There is just no defending him anymore, the game is up.