Ally McCoist - Club Statement

You see I can live with him receiving a salary he was entitled to. What would really disappoint me is if he did wittingly join Greens mob and hoodwink the Rangers support into getting onside for his own financial gain. That really would be a bridge too far for me.

Unless I am mistaken, he gave all the voting rights he had due to his shares to a local supporters' club, did he not?

On the face of it that appeared to be a good gesture, but at the end of the day Ally couldn't be seen to be voting against the Club's board of directors and he couldn't be seen to be voting FOR them either, so he had very little choice other than to give away the proxy rights for his votes if he wanted them to count.

Edited by Zappa
typo

Even after the pay cut he was still on an exorbitant salary that made him the highest paid manager in Scottish football. There is just no defending him anymore, the game is up.

But that surely isn't something that can be leveled at McCoist - that should be leveled at those who gave him the contract.

Sure, we can lambast McCoist for continuing to take a salary whilst on gardening leave... but the level of the salary is not his fault.

But that surely isn't something that can be leveled at McCoist - that should be leveled at those who gave him the contract.

Sure, we can lambast McCoist for continuing to take a salary whilst on gardening leave... but the level of the salary is not his fault.

If anything I'd have thought that Ally's agent is probably more to blame than anyone because it's him who would have negotiated Ally's contract in the first place.

Not strictly true as the Charlotte Fakes leaks demonstrate, he agreed to a salary reduction pre - IPO but wanted it reinstated and the shortfall made up as soon as the IPO was past, a blatant attempt to hoodwink the fans in regards to his real salary.

Not strictly true as the Charlotte Fakes leaks demonstrate, he agreed to a salary reduction pre - IPO but wanted it reinstated and the shortfall made up as soon as the IPO was past, a blatant attempt to hoodwink the fans in regards to his real salary.

That's the bit I was half-remembering. Was he successful in this?

We could avoid this situation arising in future by getting a petition together, asking the club to ensure none of the current players lean to the avaricious side. Given the wide availability of footballers who don't have a shred of self-interest, any who do could easily be replaced.