Ally McCoist - Club Statement

worked for free

took 50% pay cut

gave up 1/4 of his severance

kept rangers alive

defended our titles

All he is guilty of is being a poor manager( doubt that was on purpose although going by some you would think he did it on purpose).

As a support we cant half be a bunch of lousy bastards at times.

Edited by trublusince1982

worked for free

took 50% pay cut

kept rangers alive

defended our titles

All he is guilty of is being a poor manager( doubt that was on purpose although going by some you would think he did it on purpose).

Some fans, yes but your average forum dweller certainly don't represent the greater 'fan' in my experience.

Alistair is and always will be a Rangers legend. The financial issues surrounding his gardening leave will soon be forgotten and his legendary status and his sterling work in defending the Club in the face of adversity will be restored.

Thank you, Alistair.

worked for free

took 50% pay cut

kept rangers alive

defended our titles

He gave up a quarter of his severance? Where did you get that from?

You also seem to be with ignoring post 27 and the fact that he backed Green in return for cheap shares.

He gave up a quarter of his severance? Where did you get that from?

You also seem to be with ignoring post 27 and the fact that he backed Green in return for cheap shares.

that's because it is complete and utter nonsense. He never backed green to get shares.

gardening leave is severance in my mind, but your right he may have given up more than a 1/4 going with DK's comments. For all we know it could be back dated and the settlement agreed could include 6 months money or a years or a weeks since DK said talks were held up by him as he had more important issues to deal with.

Not forgetting that the only reason he is giving up part of his severance is so he can work for BT Sport.

is that not a good thing?

could he not have waited and got the job later?

do you think its the only offer he has had or will get?

should he not get a job? What would you have him do?

Not forgetting that the only reason he is giving up part of his severance is so he can work for BT Sport.

Well, I would assume that this is your assumption? After all, he took time from his leave to give that French secretary lass a ride to the courts to give evidence against Whyte, Green and Co.! :cool3:

Well, I would assume that this is your assumption? After all, he took time from his leave to give that French secretary lass a ride to the courts to give evidence against Whyte, Green and Co.! :cool3:

I doubt if that proves anything one way or the other. He may have driven her just for a snorkel at Glasgow Green(Shit that colour again).:)

I would like to know how many fans would have given up the salary had they been in his shoes.

Im glad its concluded and Ally remains a legend as a player for me. I will look back at his managerial time as being totally tactically inept.