Dave King and OldCo

what else does he mean by traditional rangers?

how can you go back when we never left?

idiotic comment that only encourages nonsense about us being a different club. The man needs to stop talking, he puts his foot in it every time.

Why cant we just keep the focus on the football and get ready for a challenge next season. Most of this interview will come back and bite us. Ie bumming up ally when it looks like he has only done the deal so he can take his bt job.

Why cant we just keep the focus on the football and get ready for a challenge next season. Most of this interview will come back and bite us. Ie bumming up ally when it looks like he has only done the deal so he can take his bt job.

bar the mccoist bit my feelings exactly ,lets stick to the football and the plenty of positives happening at the club.

That is Bullshit Bearman and you know it. wanting to save Oldco is nothing to do with not being Rangers. Your posts are getting weirder and weirder i worry about you.

King isn't very clever when it comes to the mhedia up here...and don't worry about me I'm sure you have other things to worry about

WTF are you on about now?

I'm on about Dave King not being savvy about what goes on in this country...we are traditional Rangers and he thinks like a tim.

It's about time some guys on here got real...instead of having a go at my comments which in fairness was followed by a :facepalm: means what King said is f*ckin stupid.

Don't think for one minute because I'm pissed off with DK means I'm a pro-last board...as I say. GET REAL!

King is a 'sitting duck' and he's being played out in the general flavour of our mhedia.

Edited by Bearman

I don't see much wrong with what he said. It's a personal opinion and I doubt many on here would disagree with attempts to reverse any liquidation.

Rangers is Rangers is Rangers though. No-one can deny that and I don't think King's comments said otherwise.

Edited by Frankie

The "funny" thing here is that if you go to UEFA and possibly the Italian FA as well and ask them whether Fiorentina of nowadays is the same that competed in Europe in the 60s and 70s, you would probably get a yes. Some hardcore opposition fans in Italy might object, but that is probably the status quo. What happened there ...

Fiorentina were relegated at the end of the 2001–02 season and went into judicially controlled administration in June 2002. This form of bankruptcy (sports companies cannot exactly fail in this way in Italy, but they can suffer a similar procedure) meant that the club was refused a place in Serie B for the 2002–03 season, and as a result effectively ceased to exist.

The club was promptly re-established in August 2002 as Associazione Calcio Fiorentina e Florentia Viola with shoe and leather entrepreneur Diego Della Valle as new owner and the club was admitted into Serie C2, the fourth tier of Italian football. The only player to remain at the club in its new incarnation was Angelo Di Livio, whose commitment to club's cause further endeared him to the fans. Helped by Di Livio and 30-goal striker Christian Riganò, the club won its Serie C2 group with considerable ease, which would normally have led to a promotion to Serie C1. Due to the bizarre Caso Catania (Catania Case), however, the club skipped Serie C1 and was admitted into Serie B, something that was only made possible by the Italian Football Federation's decision to resolve the Catania situation by increasing the number of teams in Serie B from 20 to 24 and promoting Fiorentina for "sports merits." In the 2003 off-season, the club also bought back the right to use the Fiorentina name and the famous shirt design, and re-incorporated itself as ACF Fiorentina. The club finished the 2003–04 season in sixth place and won the playoff against Perugia to return to top-flight football.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACF_Fiorentina#Cecchi_Gori_era:_from_Champions_League_to_bankruptcy

Regarding King and OldCo, this would be emotionally good, but one would have to think about seperating certain things from one another, not dissimilar as the Yahoos do it. One company owns assets, club as such and "history" plus holding the licenses, while another "business one" employs staff and all. That would be (IMHO) the only reason why OldCo should be used.

That said, I read an article about the various Whyte-related companies fighting their way back for the OldCo pot and the mind starts hurting with all the names and claims being thrown about. It would be good if some court could finally clear all this up once and for all. Likewise the EBT decision, who also seems to take quite some time again.