Dave King and OldCo

King isn't very clever when it comes to the mhedia up here...and don't worry about me I'm sure you have other things to worry about

I'm on about Dave King not being savvy about what goes on in this country...we are traditional Rangers and he thinks like a tim.

I know some of your posts are an acquired taste but that is plain stupid.

Have to say that following kings comments today it will only fuel the "new club" comments from the usual suspects. Hard now to say fuck you when our boss says its imporant to us. I think he should have kept that one under his hat until it is clear it could be done

Yeah i agree the '' YER A NEW CLUB'' brigade will jump on that statement '' back to a traditional Rangers''

I don't see much wrong with what he said. It's a personal opinion and I doubt many on here would disagree with attempts to reverse any liquidation.

Rangers is Rangers is Rangers though. No-one can deny that and I don't think King's comments said otherwise.

He stated that we would return to the more traditional Rangers,if the oldco was reinstated.

Could you explain to me,in all seriousness what the difference is?

There is no difference as far as im concerned,there never has been.

I don't see the need to make any comment at this point.

It could be giving us false hope. Announce it once it's finalised, but say nothing until that point, as there's no need.

There are two massive dependencies:

1. HMRC run out of appeals and accept their claim failed.

2. Any material risk from other legal claims over Oldco is removed.

As far as I can tell these things could take a while, but are quite likely to come to pass eventually. Beyond those dependencies, it's just a matter of simple arithmetic. Creditors will certainly do a deal for 50-60p in the £, especially as Club Deck Bondholders would form a pretty high proportion of the outstanding debt.

I'd actually been wondering about the possibility based on what BDO had been saying in their latest correspondence to Bondholders, so I don't think we should be too critical of DK for mentioning the possibility. You're right that there's no need to say anything now, but it's certainly not just moonbeams.

As for all the new club nonsense, my answer is, and will remain, that there only two opinions which matter on that subject, one is that of the Rangers' support and the other is that of the football authorities. Others can, and probably will, say what they like.