For it is oldco but it is beautiful

Actually I think there's a very strong argument to be made that McCoist was the perfect person to manage us when he did and that history will judge him far more kindly than many supporters do today.

The people who ran our club during his time as manager are currently facing charges of fraud and organised crime, just imagine what they might have done had they some patsy as manager instead of McCoist.

Very few people will argue McCoist is a great football tactician and I doubt anyone would want to swap Warburton for him, but at that time it might be he was exactly the right person for the job.

In the eyes of many the issue wasn't his qualities as a manager - I'd agree he was a fantastic focal point during our lowest ebbs - but his acceptance of penny shares and extended paid leave doesn't sit well with many fans.

Now, we certainly don't know the whole story when it comes to the financial side of Ally's tenure and it maybe we won't until all the court cases play out. Unfortunately, until such a time as Ally opens up on this, his reputation has been spoilt to a degree.

I don't believe for a second Andrew McCormick hasn't made Ally aware of the bad feeling surrounding the above and I don't believe for a second Ally considers any of the money involved all that important either.

Edited by Frankie

On reflection, I have no issue with McCoist taking his money he signed a contract he was entitled to it at the end of the day. But I think he owes fans answers in relation to the shares he received and quite possibly the deferred wages as I'm sure as are many others that we were told he was working for free. I think fans dserve to know the truth one way or another

Lol answer me this so&so, was John Greig less a legend when he was sacked and walked away with rangers money? Or big jock? Ally resigned I think knowing he wasn't the man to take us forward it was the Ashley board that put him on gardening leave

All still legends in my book, as for Ally, still a hero of mine, but a poor Gardiner lol

I too have no issue with McCoist taking his money, he signed a contract he was entitled to it at the end of the day.

As soon as the old board got their just rewards and DK took control then Ally should have tore it up though.

If there's a reason why he couldn't do that at the time because of 'legal matters' then I'll definitely forgive him, especially if he hands it all back once everything is settled.

If he had resigned honourably he would have left with no pay off. He was removed from position of manager by the board but they opted to continue paying him for one year as per contract rather than cough up the utterly obsene amount of money in a oner..... still feel the same way about super?????

I do, anyway...if Ally hadn't taken that money it would have disappeared into a board shaped black hole. If it absolutely HAD to leave the club, and history suggests it would have vanished one way or another, I'd rather a club legend got it than some jumped up clippie from Greenock.

Actually I think there's a very strong argument to be made that McCoist was the perfect person to manage us when he did and that history will judge him far more kindly than many supporters do today.

The people who ran our club during his time as manager are currently facing charges of fraud and organised crime, just imagine what they might have done had they some patsy as manager instead of McCoist.

Very few people will argue McCoist is a great football tactician and I doubt anyone would want to swap Warburton for him, but at that time it might be he was exactly the right person for the job.

McCoist's legacy is perhaps best summed up by the 19 players who exited this summer, providing the club with a grand total of ZERO in return. He was an absolute failure who cost us a fortune both in terms of signing woeful players and the obscene wages he pocketed. He was just another incompetent taking a fortune out of the club that he did nothing to deserve - a complete and utter disaster in every sense of the word.

I do, anyway...if Ally hadn't taken that money it would have disappeared into a board shaped black hole. If it absolutely HAD to leave the club, and history suggests it would have vanished one way or another, I'd rather a club legend got it than some jumped up clippie from Greenock.

If he gave up his wad when king took over that argument could be valid. That he turned out to be as greedy as the boards who raped us is no consolation. Also the fact that he just pissed about these last years treating it as a big joke is the reason i have zero respect. Handing big buck contracts to washed up pros, golf outings rather than serious preparation etc etc the list of unprofessionalism is endless