Rangers All-Time Stats - Excel File

I'm sure most of you guys know about "A Horse With No Name's" fantastic Excel stats file available to download on the fine RM site.

http://www.rangersmedia.com/stats.html

Unfortunately, the legendary poster above is unable to continue updating the file and because of the obvious problems in uploading and downloading the 30Mb file after every update a solution had to be found to keep the file going.

I'm delighted to say that Gersnet will be making a large contribution to that. Not only will be looking to improve the file in the next wee while, I'll be porting the vast majority of it over to our Joomla main site.

The initial data transfer will obviously be time-consuming but it will be worth some hard work to get this stats archive online. After the initial work, it will then be pretty easy to update the stats in real time without the need for large and slow downloads.

I'm pleased to say that gisabeer will be helping me out with this project. He has experience of similar tasks and the time necessary to help me keep everything updated on a daily basis.

Bear with me as we get the stats ported over but getting the use of this file means the Rangers Archive project will march on very quickly over the next week or 2.

Once it's online every Gersnet user and every Rangers fan will hopefully get some great use out of the resource which is sadly missing from the official club website.