Super Ally's birthday....

Once upon a time I was of the same mind but nowadays I feel 1 million penny shares and £800k per annum for doing his garden outweighs 355 goals.

Totally understandable reaction, however considering that he had to put up with Green as his boss and all that entailed, perhaps even a modest expression of good wishes might be appropriate.

Totally understandable reaction, however considering that he had to put up with Green as his boss and all that entailed, perhaps even a modest expression of good wishes might be appropriate.

A modest expression of contrition for the utter crap we've been forced to endure under his managership would be nice too but somehow I can't see that coming along either.

A modest expression of contrition for the utter crap we've been forced to endure under his managership would be nice too but somehow I can't see that coming along either.

As someone who commendably was one of the first to identify that CG might not have been all that he claimed to be, just thought that you may have cut Ally a wee bit slack but never mind, it was Doris Day, who wisely reminded us the whatever will be, will, be.

As someone who commendably was one of the first to identify that CG might not have been all that he claimed to be, just thought that you may have cut Ally a wee bit slack but never mind, it was Doris Day, who wisely reminded us the whatever will be, will, be.

Thing is Ally absolutely knew that too which makes his subsequent actions all the more lamentable (however he's not alone in that respect).

I bear him no ill will but I fail to see any reason to congratulate him either.

Nowadays people forget too easily and tend to damn someone for any reason. Players are "useless" when if they play 2-3 bad games, coaches must be sacked after 5 games lost etc

In the end its because of money, players and coaches earn quite a lot so people often expect too much all the time. Getting a big wage doesn't mean they have to be supernatural and free of failure. I am not saying Ally McCoist has not done wrong, but to me he will always be SUPER ALLY and not McCash or whatever. I forgive him and wish him all the best

Nowadays people forget too easily and tend to damn someone for any reason. Players are "useless" when if they play 2-3 bad games, coaches must be sacked after 5 games lost etc

In the end its because of money, players and coaches earn quite a lot so people often expect too much all the time. Getting a big wage doesn't mean they have to be supernatural and free of failure. I am not saying Ally McCoist has not done wrong, but to me he will always be SUPER ALLY and not McCash or whatever. I forgive him and wish him all the best

At a time when Rangers had financial difficulties couldn't he simply have waived his entitlement after he left or rather 'ran away from the job' when he got found out as I'd say?

Did he really need to collect £14k p.w. sitting at home doing nothing? If he really was a great Rangers man as many would suggest he could have played his part & waived it. He didn't.

McCoist must have made millions out of Rangers as a player, assistant manager & manager. Not to mention a testimonial vs Newcastle in 1993. Was it too much to ask for him to play his part in our time of need? That salary he continued to take could have been better utilised elsewhere could it not? Perhaps spent on a striker to replace MIller & Boyd last season who were utterly hopeless?

For me McCoist's name & reputation as a Rangers great have been damaged beyond repair.I've not even mentioned taking one million 1p shares or criticising Naismith, Lafferty etc for financially bettering themselves when he did likewise.