Allys duds...

What you mean like Wallace, Sheils, Aird, McKay, Law, Miller, Bell and Hardie?

While I could understand giving the dud-term to some of his signings pre-admin and immediately past-admin, levelling it against anyone still in the current squad is somewhat beyond me. At a stretch, one could debate Templeton, not least since he did indeed cost money. But honestly, we all knew about his abilities - or lack thereof - and what to expect from a winger anyway.

On a sidenote, one of Ally's signings was appointed manager of Linfield FC as of yesterday (AFAIK), i.e. David Healy.

Edited by der Berliner

While I could understand giving the dud-term to some of his signings pre-admin and immediately past-admin, levelling it against anyone still in the current squad is somewhat beyond me. At a stretch, one could debate Templeton, not least since he did indeed cost money. But honestly, we all knew about his abilities - or lack thereof - and what to expect from a winger anyway.

On a sidenote, one of Ally's signings was appointed manager of Linfield FC as of yesterday (AFAIK), i.e. David Healy.

I hate to be pedantic Berliner but Wattie signed Healy, not Ally

What you mean like Wallace, Sheils, Aird, McKay, Law, Miller, Bell and Hardie?

Shiels - hardly starts. Wouldn't be missed.

Aird - plays even less and wasn't even signed by Ally. Definitely wouldn't be missed.

McKay - was he not a youth signing? Got shunted out on loan in favour of far inferior players.

Law - has been very inconsistent. Wouldn't be missed.

Miller - has been better this season but overall has been a very poor signing. Almost 36, hopefully won't get another season.

Bell - very mediocre keeper. Wouldn't be missed.

Hardie - what did McCoist have to do with Hardie?

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Shiels - hardly starts. Wouldn't be missed.

Started recently and played well. Seems like he's seen as a useful part of the squad.

Aird - plays even less and wasn't even signed by Ally. Definitely wouldn't be missed.

Don't recall him being a first team player before Ally... seems a bit of a twisted viewpoint. Ally gave him his debut and a total of 19 games that season when he was only 17/18. The guy is still only 20, we can see how he develops under the new management, and if his international experience improves him.

McKay - was he not a youth signing? Got shunted out on loan in favour of far inferior players.

What has youth signing got to do with it? Ally gave him his first appearances and gave him 31 in League 2 [sic] when he was 17/18. He was then farmed out for experience - seems to have been a great decision.

Law - has been very inconsistent. Wouldn't be missed.

Seems to be getting a game these days and some people on here prefer him to Oduwa.

Miller - has been better this season but overall has been a very poor signing. Almost 36, hopefully won't get another season.

Miller won't get another season, but seems to be well in the plans for the rest of this season, and as more than just a squad filler.

Bell - very mediocre keeper. Wouldn't be missed.

He's as good as most SPL keepers, and seems like reasonable backup to Foderingham.

Hardie - what did McCoist have to do with Hardie?

Eh, didn't he sign him and give him his debut? I get from that that you must like this player and so want to dissociate him from Ally as it doesn't fit with your inflexible views on our former manager. Reality bites...

Interesting how in the list above, Ally gave three 17 year olds their debuts - you know, the guy who doesn't play young players...

However my list was an uncensored one of Ally's players - except I forgot Templeton. Those a bit more objective will probably consider all of them as having a role to play in the second half of the season, at minimum as backup squad players.

The exception is probably Templeton, not sure he will have a future. Already had his chance in pre-season under new management but didn't really take it. Could be one to go in January but only if we pay off the last 6 months of his contract.

I think the conclusion is that almost no-one is likely to go in January. But maybe you're right and about 6 will be paid off... we'll see.

Edited by calscot