Baxter and McMillan didn't get kicked much.

Two reasons. One, they were helluva hard to get at. Two, Harry Davis was riding shotgun.

I admire Warburton's philsophy. I have no qualifications to argue with his team selections but it is useful to have a tough guy around. A proper tough guy. Not a headcase.

Baxter and McMillan didn't get kicked much.

Two reasons. One, they were helluva hard to get at. Two, Harry Davis was riding shotgun.

I admire Warburton's philsophy. I have no qualifications to argue with his team selections but it is useful to have a tough guy around. A proper tough guy. Not a headcase.

If there is one criticism of our squad, then it is this...we'll need a couple like that for next season in particular.

Yes let's get Black types back in. :(:(

Pete.

Please stop mis-quoting me bud.

Scott7 mentioned getting 'proper tough guys' in as a useful thing, you fly off the handle and assume because I agreed with him I meant Black.

You are way off man. Stop it.

The real issue at hand is the brutal treatment being dished out on a regular basis to Nathan Oduwa and on here we have petty discussions about Ian Black?

It's simple...right now we need a real 'hardman' in our team somebody who isn't a nancy and goes by the rules, Ian Black doesn't even come into the picture as suggested by Pete.:facepalm:

We need a real leader (or two maybe three) to sort out our predicament at the moment, Rangers players are getting chopped down and no one gives a toss.

There's a helluva lot more building than meets the eye and at this rate according to some posters it will take years to see the light.

Warburton has a magic hat (would love to know where he found it) but if we don't get a couple of solid players in with attitude we'll get blown away, the same way Oduwa is experiencing in every game he plays.

Was he meaning Kenny Black? cos he was raw meat lol

There are many...Jaws comes to mind atm...a solid professional with only one intention, playing for the jersey, support your man. Sadly we don't have that right now I think.

Not sure if I agree with that as sometimes our players are reasonably innocent and own our fans still get stuck into them - Novo's "stamping" incident, that looked like it was totally unintentional, Mohsni and his pretty normal reaction to being physically assaulted after the game - he was ostracised by the club and his contract not renewed. Plenty have been slated who have deserved it, and Black was never popular.

I also don't think you'd see Warburton defending that kind of tackle - he would probably be talking about having words with the player. Same goes for Smith and McCoist.

Hurlock was under Souness who was very guilty of this kind of stuff, I agree. And I don't remember us getting upset at Del Piero's drag back; it was highly applauded, even though it embarrassed Clelland.

We share much the same views on the Moshni incident, and this is possibly the only time we have agreed on anything. I believe if you are assaulted you should be perfectly within your rights to hit someone back twice as hard. The blame should all lie with the transgressor. When someone does start a fight with you, particularly if your back is turned, it's very difficult to think rationally and you react instinctively to defend yourself.

However, the incident had no bearing on the club's decision not to offer him a new contract.