Ashley wants DK jailed!!

The market values SD at 17.09 times its earnings, every million it makes is worth 17.09m to the market capitalisation of the company.

Markets value companies on a multiple of their earnings (among other things).

For every million that SD make the share price is 17 times that earning.

P/E ratio is the ratio that the share price is in relation to the earnings. Right now the SD P/E ratio is 17:1 which means for every million that SD makes in profit the share price is 17 times that profit. Hence, whilst SD makes "just" 1 million profit from Rangers.... the Company's market capitalization (share price multiplied by number of shares of the company) is magnified by 17. Ashley gets 55% of that share price as he owns that much of the company.

Basically, the market place believes that the "value" of SD shares is worth 17 times as much as the profit is worth. So every million SD makes it generates 17 times that in share price value to the shareholders.

That's how it works out to 9 million quid to Ashley - through the shares he owns in the company.

You guys are very good...thanks for clearing that up. :tu::tu:

Sorry but that is blatant revisionism.

While FS's remark does not even deserve a reply, it has been pointed out - at the time, ever since and now again - why having Ashley "on board" would be a "good" thing. Either you cannot understand or you are unwilling to understand that point of view. I for one will not going to repeat or explain my point of view again.

Meanwhile, the Daily Record at its finest ...

Rangers tax case: Appeal court ruling over EBTs set to be announced in Gers' long running battle with HMRC

21:25, 3 Nov 2015 Updated 21:30, 3 Nov 2015 By John Ferguson

THE outcome of an HMRC appeal against earlier court decisions on payments made by former Rangers owner Sir David Murray will be announced on Wednesday.

AN APPEAL court ruling on the Rangers tax case is set to be announced on Wednesday.

The Judiciary of Scotland has said the judgement will be available to read by lunchtime.

The case comes after HMRC launched a second appeal against earlier court decisions on payments made by former Rangers owner Sir David Murray before the club was liquidated.

The decision on the notorious “big tax case” will have no impact on the current regime at Rangers.

The Murray group has always maintained the payments - made through the now outlawed Employee Benefit Trusts from 2001 to 2010 - were loans and not taxable income.

In July 2014, a judge dismissed HRMC’s first appeal against a first-tier tribunal (FTT) majority verdict which had decreed that a £46.2m tax demand on Murray’s company, most of which referred to oldco Rangers, be “reduced substantially”.

Murray sold Rangers to Craig Whyte in May 2011, and the club was liquidated 13 months later over separate debts.

The club was relaunched as a new company now controlled by Dave King.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-tax-case-appeal-court-6762689?

Blatant, smug-faced liars

Edited by der Berliner

While FS's remark does not even deserve a reply, it has been pointed out - at the time, ever since and now again - why having Ashley "on board" would be a "good" thing. Either you cannot understand or you are unwilling to understand that point of view. I for one will not going to repeat or explain my point of view again.

Craig like many others on here has an understanding of the reality (and a memory) something you unfortunately seem to constantly misplace.

Edited by forlanssister

Meanwhile, the Daily Record at its finest ...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-tax-case-appeal-court-6762689?

Blatant, smug-faced liars

I see our chums at the Daily Rhebel at back to calling us a new club again. Either the pseudo-journalist is daft(which may be a distinct possibility) or he is mis-using his position to underline his Rangers-hating credentials.

I've said before & I'll say it again - I do not understand how any so-called Rangers supporter, player, board member etc would want to have anything to do with this vile, Rangers-hating rhag. I despair whenever I hear of our people giving interviews with its pseudo-journos. Our board should seek an apology from this rhag & tell them they're barred from Ibrox until they do so but they probably won't.

Hopefully it's circulation will continue to fall & it won't be around for too much longer.