Martyn Waghorn...

I know it's way too early but if we can hold on to waggy in the January window let's face it the teams down south will be all about him like a rash, and he stays clear of injury waggy will win " player of the year" hands down...

Over the piece he's been our best player this season so far IMO but while a few clubs may be monitoring his form, until he scores regularly in the Premiership next season (hopefully) I doubt many teams will be overly interested as it stands.

Im not overly impressed so far. He misses far too many chances for my liking and while he works hard, his movement OFF the ball is still not at a level where it should be. When pushed wide he used to be aggressive, running straight at and past defenders, whereas in recent weeks he is looking for a pass inside most times and therefore losing his effectiveness out there too.

As for English teams looking at him, he was widely available last summer and nobody bothered their arse about him, I dont see that a few goals in Scotland's second tier will suddenly have those teams thinking he is a world-beater. If he can continue his progress and score a lot of goals while working hard and get 25 goals next season then we can review his contribution.

As for POTY it is of course far too early, but the point of forums is to discuss these things at any time, and Tav must have an equally great shout of that given his goals from full back. Take Waggy's pens off the total and how many does he have compared to Tav? While these two started the campaign very well and have perhaps not been as good in recent weeks, the likes of Holt, Kiernan and Wes have been improving over the course of the season, so by the time the gongs get handed out it would be no surprise to me if one of these three pick up POTY ahead of Waggy or Tav.

I don't know where to start here tannoch lol I'm talking about player of the year for the championship he's more effective cutting in from the right and his first touch is superb on the run he has terrorised defenders and how many pens did ally score and he went on to be our top goalscorer (never to be beaten) tav needs to be more consistent whereas waggy has been and for you to say your not overly impressed with him is baffling...

All about opinions Bruno. I don't think he is all that good, and I don't think he could lead us to next seasons title.

I only mention pens to highlight his goals return from open play is not overly impressive given the amount of chances we create. He doesn't sniff out chances like a top striker does, he is all about the work-rate (which is excellent). It comes back to my point in the other thread that I don't think any of our players are quite good enough individually, although it is still very early in their Rangers careers so I hope some can develop into top class players with us.