Card displays. ...

It's a very thin gauge of card (or thicker gauge of paper) and the only way someone could be badly hurt is from the 'sharp' end of a paper aeroplane going straight into the eye. That's extremely unlikely but by the letter of the law it is a safety concern so people should think twice about doing it.

I'd imagine the club may receive a warning from the SPFL about it but as long as the likes of Motherwell and Celtic fans going unpunished for much worse examples of, erm, hooliganism then our card displays will rightly continue.

It matters not whether you think it was a bit of fun though johnny, the point is that these were grown men - and please don't tell me that "there's lots of younger guys in this area" - the cards were coming from at least the Broomloan and Govan - are we to assume somehow that it was all youngsters ? Where were their fathers at the time ? Anyone over the age of about 12 should be more respectful. It's stupid, isn't close to being smart and held up the game more than once. A bit of fun ? You are at the football to watch the football and support your team, not throw cards onto the pitch during the game.

I wonder what's the stats are of someone losing an eye at a football due to a paper plane being thrown? It's probably the same as someone losing an eye from being poked accidently form the guy standing next to you holding a card up and waving it in your face, both very unlikely to happen IMO. As I said it was immature yes but it's just a bit of fun again IMO,

Paper? It's light cardboard I couldn't count the many times young kids have been hurt in the Copland at card displays but if you two find that funny you must have the same SOH. If it happito our goalie when hes trying to concentrate youd be up in arms..

You would think it was bricks that they were throwing going by these reactions jesus, as others pointed out some took it as a bit of fun, except their keeper!

It's a very thin gauge of card (or thicker gauge of paper) and the only way someone could be badly hurt is from the 'sharp' end of a paper aeroplane going straight into the eye. That's extremely unlikely but by the letter of the law it is a safety concern so people should think twice about doing it.

I'd imagine the club may receive a warning from the SPFL about it but as long as the likes of Motherwell and Celtic fans going unpunished for much worse examples of, erm, hooliganism then our card displays will rightly continue.

We're talking about rangers here Frankie and I see your point of course the rest will get away with it

He said "lose an eye" - and unlikely though it is, you CAN lose an eye from that. It wouldn't take much especially as they are using them as aeroplanes and the point on them most definitely could lose someone their vision - the cards aren't quite as thin as toilet paper....

Has this ever happened?

Has this ever happened?

" One father of a seven-year-old boy said: 'I've heard it all now. We made paper planes and our parents did the same and I never heard of anyone getting hurt. 'It's taking the health-and-safety measures to absurd lengths. Heaven knows what they will think to ban next.' "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-391168/Now-pupils-banned-throwing-paper-planes.html

" One father of a seven-year-old boy said: 'I've heard it all now. We made paper planes and our parents did the same and I never heard of anyone getting hurt. 'It's taking the health-and-safety measures to absurd lengths. Heaven knows what they will think to ban next.' "

Perhaps match programmes. Each page could be used in the same way as a card.

Will someone lose an eye from it? No.

Is it childish? Yes. Is it a pain in the ass? Yes. Is it likely to disrupt our players by messing up the pitch? Yes.

We saw the ref stopping the game on Saturday to deal with the issue and it gave the opposition a break when we were pressurising them.

There's only downsides to doing it. Our fans should have the self-awareness to cut it out.

Will someone lose an eye from it? No.

Is it childish? Yes. Is it a pain in the ass? Yes. Is it likely to disrupt our players by messing up the pitch? Yes.

We saw the ref stopping the game on Saturday to deal with the issue and it gave the opposition a break when we were pressurising them.

There's only downsides to doing it. Our fans should have the self-awareness to cut it out.

You're right but kids will be kids... :(