Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Wee update from the Ladies ...

After captain Lisa Swanson signed on for another year at the club (8 years now, IIRC), a bit of "transfer" action took place today:

Rangers Ladies ‏@RFC_Ladies

Exclusive: New signings Laura Hamilton & Rhianna Tweedie speak to #RLFC media at Ibrox. More to follow!

CY7s68xW8AEd3qY.jpg

Exclusive: Ashley Nicolson, Steph Briggs and Jill Paterson also sign contracts with the club. It's all go here at Ibrox!

Exclusive: Danica Dalziel & Kirsty McLaughlin both pen deals at #RLFC. Exciting day here at Ibrox. Welcome to the club #RangersFamily.

Getting the MacKay contract sorted out is for me more important than signing O'Halloran.

Well let's hope he doesn't get too big for his boots like the first time when he broke into the first team time4change. But I can't see that happening. When you think of all the young players who left us how many can you say has made a name for themselves? ....exactly..

Well let's hope he doesn't get too big for his boots like the first time when he broke into the first team time4change. But I can't see that happening. When you think of all the young players who left us how many can you say has made a name for themselves? ....exactly..

The more obvious issue for me is the amount of players who play their best football as a contract is coming to an end.

I'd hope that there is a positive momentum at Ibrox with good habits being adopted all round that pushes and encourages players to give their best consistently. I also think that the current footballing operation is something we haven't seen before and looking back is of limited value regards predicting the future.

The players have "real coaches now"not just a legend who still wanted to be a Peter Pan type.

With the good coaching and leadership it is not surprising that such as Law and Shiels are now completely different players.

I'm not too sure about shiels Mack I think warbs will get shot of him just my opinion...

Barrie McKay looks set to sign a contract extension at Rangers

BARRIE McKAY is on the verge of signing a new contract with Rangers.

The 21-year-old winger’s current deal is up in 2017 but the Gers have opened talks on an extension.

McKay, left, has enjoyed a resurgence under Mark Warburton, and has played a key role as the Light Blues have taken up residence at the top of the Championship. Rangers last week tied up Andy Halliday and Jason Holt on deals until 2020, and McKay is poised to become the next to commit his future to the Ibrox outfit.

McKay said: “It is pretty close. I want to stay and they have offered me a deal. Hopefully I can get it done as soon as possible. The gaffer has told me I have been doing well enough to deserve it so I need to repay him and keep going.”

Rangers are also closing in on the signings of St Johnstone attacker Michael O’Halloran and Brentford midfielder Toumani Diagouraga.

And McKay is relishing the competition any new recruits might bring at Ibrox. He said: “It can only make me push on further to keep them out of the team and keep my jersey

“It will be a quality player whoever it is that is added to the squad.

“It is up to the people that are here to keep them out of the team and not make it easy for them to walk into it.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/635910/Barrie-McKay-looks-set-to-sign-a-contract-exetension-at-Rangers

Rangers trialist Vladislavs Gutkovskis issues come and get me plea to Ibrox club

VLADISLAVS GUTKOVSKIS is waiting to hear if Rangers wants to sign him following his successful trial period – or he will look to clinch a transfer to Sparta Prague instead.

The Latvian striker impressed while at Murray Park last month and netted a hat-trick in a bounce game.

But the Championship leaders’ boss Mark Warburton has yet to follow up his initial interest and Skonto Riga have had other offers for the 20-year-old.

The hitman was sent off for the Lavtvian Under-21s against their Estonian counterparts on Monday.

Gutkovskis said: “I was in Glasgow and I really liked it there.

“Rangers treated me very well and after the trial the manager spoke to me and told me they would be waiting for me once I got back.

“I felt I did very well. I played in a match and scored three goals and we won 5-0.

“My agent has told me about the interest from both Sparta and Dukla Prague, so there should be something soon.

“I have a year left with Skonto but everyone knows about their financial situation being not the best.

“I want to play abroad to improve my game and I am waiting on Rangers coming back to me to see if they want me.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...jW7pDtRkcss.99

I guess we are waiting to see if we get O'Halloran first and presumably rate him higher?

Edited by SteveC