Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Right now, we essentially have three out-and-out strikers vying for one spot, i.e. Miller, Clark, and Hardie. Unless one of them moves on, on loan or otherwise, I don't think we'll get another "central" striker.

And of those 3, two are not really good enough now and one remains unproven. Which is why I'm a little puzzled about O'Halloran - he's essentially a 'wing striker'. MW must be seeing Waghorn as the main central man .

And of those 3, two are not really good enough now and one remains unproven. Which is why I'm a little puzzled about O'Halloran - he's essentially a 'wing striker'. MW must be seeing Waghorn as the main central man .

Indeed, but we have them on our books. If we sign another, we'd have four on our books, with Waghorn essentially being ahead of them all if used as the main striker. More an economical issue than a quality one, not least if we remind ourselves of the lean-squad mantra.

O'Halloran ... is mainly a right-sided attacker. If he's in the squad, I'd assume Waghorn goes central. There would be great flexibility in the front line, with Waghorn and O'Halloran being able to act as main striker, McKay and O'Halloran can switch flanks and Waghorn can go to the right if O'Halloran goes central. And all three have a good pace.

Right now, we essentially have three out-and-out strikers vying for one spot, i.e. Miller, Clark, and Hardie. Unless one of them moves on, on loan or otherwise, I don't think we'll get another "central" striker.

The fact that Miller who is old enough to be his father, seems to be preferred to Hardie and Clark has only played 90 minutes in a couple of league games tells its own story.

Clark needs to move on and Hardie needs to go out on loan.

I dont see either Miller or Waghorn as 'out and out' strikers despite Waghorn's impressive goals tally (albeit with a big chunk of penalties in there). An out and out striker with us should easily be on 20 plus goals at this stage of the season, without penalties. Although I still really like Waghorn.

I dont see either Miller or Waghorn as 'out and out' strikers despite Waghorn's impressive goals tally (albeit with a big chunk of penalties in there). An out and out striker with us should easily be on 20 plus goals at this stage of the season, without penalties. Although I still really like Waghorn.

I agree anchor Miller is more in the midfield than in the box and don't forget waggy still has to score the pens. Without waghorn we would be about third in the league. He's been excellent from day one....

Edited by Bruno55

I have a feeling we are trying to get another striker in. The media conference Warburton gave on 14th January ended with this statement in response to a question about Ryan Hardie giong out on loan:

“There’s lots of interest, lots of clubs want Ryan Hardie. He’s a prodigious young goal scoring talent, he’s 18 and he’s been around our first team squad. What we have to do is see what business we do. It’s a balancing act – to make sure you have the strength in depth in your squad, without hindering the progress of a young player. So if we get the squad right, maybe there’s an option for Ryan, but we’ll wait and see.”

I can't see how O'Halloran would make the squad balanced to the extent that Hardie would then be allowed out on loan - that only really makes sense if a more experienced striker comes in. we shall see.

.........don't forget waggy still has to score the pens. Without waghorn was be about third in the league. He's been excellent from day one....

I'm not taking anything away from him. I think he is excellent, and I agree he still has to put the ball in the net from the penalties. However scoring penalties has never been seen as a prerequisite for an out and out striker. Scoring a sufficient amount of goals (without penalties) has been for a Rangers striker.

I'm not taking anything away from him. I think he is excellent, and I agree he still has to put the ball in the net from the penalties. However scoring penalties has never been seen as a prerequisite for an out and out striker. Scoring a sufficient amount of goals (without penalties) has been for a Rangers striker.

Don't use big fancy words with me anchor im from possil lol...