Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Talksport are reporting that Leeds have agreed a fee with Brentford for Diagouraga.

I am not worried in the least. In the game I saw him he looked crap. We have lost very few goals this year in comparison to what we have scored. Halliday is great for me to the end of the season and I am sure Law or Shiels could also fill that role. I will be more disappointed if he comes.

Talksport are reporting that Leeds have agreed a fee with Brentford for Diagouraga.

Bound to happen. We do it all too often i.e. do the prolonged haggling in public (going in with an offer obviously way too low). Other clubs watch it from a distance, get a feel for what the 'actual' selling price is and the gazzump us. And we look bloody stupid in the process. Unfortunately it is often the mhanky mob who do it. Watch this space with O'Hallaron (big Selik family).

I'm not suggesting we pay over the odds, but either pay what we need to (after an acceptable period of haggling) or walk away . In saying that I hope I'm proved wrong this time.

Can't say I'm overly fussy about losing out on O'Halloran or Diagouraga but important we have alternatives that can be brought in quickly if necessary.

As it stands we have a first team squad of 22 players and that includes rarely used players like Aird, Thompson, Bell, Gostomski and Hardie. Apparently, Templeton is also out for another 2-3 months with his ongoing knee issue.

There's a difference between a healthy stream-lined, competitive squad and taking a gamble with injuries. Especially when we're had so few so far this season.

The financial reality is that we can't compete against English Championship clubs if they really want a player. They get £5m TV cash and Leeds got close to £4m for Byram recently.

We are still surviving with handouts from our shareholders.

Edited by Bluedell

I think we should pulse Spurs about Andros Townsend even if on loan. He seems to have dropped down the pecking order there but has been an England International in almost all age groups including senior level. I saw him for Spurs reserves a few weeks ago and he was pretty awesome

Edited by pete

I think we should pulse Spurs about Andros Townsend even if on loan. He seems to have dropped down the pecking order there but has been an England International in almost all age groups including senior level. I saw him for Spurs reserves a few weeks ago and he was pretty awesome

Looks like Newcastle want him.

Edited by pete

The Manager spoke of a couple of signings he hopes to get over the line by the weekend - "they are very close" I think he said. He's either going to be a disappointed man, feeling let down, if its Diagoura, or we have all been barking up the wrong tree. Looks like he's off to Leeds.

The Manager spoke of a couple of signings he hopes to get over the line by the weekend - "they are very close" I think he said. He's either going to be a disappointed man, feeling let down, if its Diagoura, or we have all been barking up the wrong tree. Looks like he's off to Leeds.

To be fair, MW emphasises value constantly. I'm sure he's agreed the budget with McParland and the board so it should just be a case of moving to the next name on the list. And, if it's a good list, they should be just as suitable.

Totally gutted anchor lol I'm one happy bear if sumani goes to Leeds...