Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Talksport are reporting that Leeds have agreed a fee with Brentford for Diagouraga.

Well, so they have accepted the offer from Leeds. Fair enough. Does Diagouraga want to go there? Who knows? It takes - always - more than one party to make things happen. We'll simply have to wait and see.

There is no doubt that English Championship clubs can outspent us (or the Yahoos ... or even the whole Scottish Premiership combined) at this moment and time. If Middlesbrough want to splash 9m on McCormack, you know the score.

As for deals being "very close", just keep in mind what happened with Eustace. Going by what was said, you would have expected that he was already checking out his squad number and place to stay. Some things are simply out of reach of club, manager and sometimes player. Thus, I tend to only get excited when I see a player at Ibrox or Auchenhowie, pen in hand and ink drying on his contract. Maybe our staff will surprise us and the media and sign someone not on "our" radar? (Anyone knows what Eustace's status quo is? :D )

Can't say I'm overly fussy about losing out on O'Halloran or Diagouraga but important we have alternatives that can be brought in quickly if necessary.

As it stands we have a first team squad of 22 players and that includes rarely used players like Aird, Thompson, Bell, Gostomski and Hardie. Apparently, Templeton is also out for another 2-3 months with his ongoing knee issue.

There's a difference between a healthy stream-lined, competitive squad and taking a gamble with injuries. Especially when we're had so few so far this season.

Forget about temps his best pal is my sons brother in law and said he's not getting another contract. He blames us for rushing him back when he was injured....

Looks like Newcastle want him.

Sorry Dell edited your post to change my spelling mistake. It seems I thought seems was seams and when I read your post seams seemed wrong. So seams is now seems or so it seems.:D

Maybe he hates Mike Ashely as well.:)

Sorry Dell edited your post to change my spelling mistake. It seems I thought seems was seams and when I read your post seams seemed wrong. So seams is now seems or so it seems.:D

Maybe he hates Mike Ashely as well.:)

Seemingly you understand that?....

Forget about temps his best pal is my sons brother in law and said he's not getting another contract. He blames us for rushing him back when he was injured....

Always somebody else to blame for the fact that, a handful of cameos aside, he's been consistently pish.

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

The Brentford guy seemed a strange one as Warburton previously dropped him for poor form at one point and also sent him out in loan at another.

So unless he eventually changed his mind on him, it seems a bit of going for someone you know, as you know their capabilities and how they fit in the team and system.