Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Can't say I'm overly fussy about losing out on O'Halloran or Diagouraga but important we have alternatives that can be brought in quickly if necessary.

As it stands we have a first team squad of 22 players and that includes rarely used players like Aird, Thompson, Bell, Gostomski and Hardie. Apparently, Templeton is also out for another 2-3 months with his ongoing knee issue.

There's a difference between a healthy stream-lined, competitive squad and taking a gamble with injuries. Especially when we're had so few so far this season.

Quite. I'm pretty ambivalent about Diagouraga and O'Halloran but there's no question we're light. An long term injury to a player like Halliday or Waghorn would leave us in trouble (and isn't Halliday effectively the reserve left back as well?).

Quite. I'm pretty ambivalent about Diagouraga and O'Halloran but there's no question we're light. An long term injury to a player like Halliday or Waghorn would leave us in trouble (and isn't Halliday effectively the reserve left back as well?).

Yep, although Ball can play anywhere across the back-line IIRC.

I'd like to see Crooks brought in to solve the defensive conundrum and would hope for another Waghorn-type player.

To be fair, MW emphasises value constantly. I'm sure he's agreed the budget with McParland and the board so it should just be a case of moving to the next name on the list. And, if it's a good list, they should be just as suitable.

I get what you are saying, but I don't believe in this instance that MW would rate O'Halloran at only £200,000 in today's market. I still get the feeling that he isn't going to be happy if we cant close off £500K deals for his first choice picks.

The board and manager have said consistently there is no budget agreed. It looks far more likely MW identifies targets then the board approach the targets club with low offers until a fee is agreed then they go to the share holders to raise the cash. That's the only explanation that fits with whats going on. If we had a budget before hand i would imagine that amount would be present in the accounts waiting to be spent and there wouldn't be all these delays.

Cant see MW wanting a player that he does not think he could sell for £500k when we are back up.

We have young Ross mccrorie who can play any fullback position. I've every confidence that we have cover in nearly all positions but if waggy gets injured were back to last season's hit men...so it's a must for a striker for me..