Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

I did. But I failed to see the significance of it. Did you say it just for the sake of saying something ? Did he need to be our best player in order to be a better option that Wilson ? Or just our best defensive player ?

Craig you asked me if I saw where you said McGregor was our best defensive and I was only anwering you, I wasnt saying it for the sake of saying something. McGregor was a better right back than centre back...

Did he actually say they were working on getting O'Halloran because he doesn't normally mention specific players?

Sorry meant to reply to you this morning. He didnt mention him specifically, the interviewer continued the line of questioning after warbs said the usual 'disrespectful to talk about other teams players' stance and warbs says that sometimes these things take time and they were working hard on it, which seemed* like he was referring to the MOH deal

*Yes i am well aware nothing is as it seems in these situations and only time will tell.

McGregor was a stand-out last season, but most of his game was on the back-foot, making last ditch tackles, outmuscling players etc. His touch and distribution with the ball was poor, so doesn't conform to Warburton's preferred player profile. However, his physicality might have been useful to retain, and he might have been decent dealing with those troublesome counter-attacks. I think it comes down to his distribution and ability on the ball: Warburton prefers an offensive-type centre-back, one that will step out and begin attacks: McGregor doesn't fit.

Strange as I thought McGregor was slower than a week in the jail.

And I thought it was his technical ability that would be his handicap. I don't think he would be up to our passing game. He played terrible against us and had a hand in some of the goals. His hardness in the tackle is his biggest asset.

And I thought it was his technical ability that would be his handicap. I don't think he would be up to our passing game. He played terrible against us and had a hand in some of the goals. His hardness in the tackle is his biggest asset.

Wouldn't it have been down to warbs to change his style of play Pete? Look what he's done to mckay. Don't get me wrong cos I'm not saying he should have been kept warbs cleared out everyone with the exception of waldo...

Wouldn't it have been down to warbs to change his style of play Pete? Look what he's done to mckay. Don't get me wrong cos I'm not saying he should have been kept warbs cleared out everyone with the exception of waldo...

McKay already had the skills Warburton has just sorted his head. As for Mcgregor, this is a slight exaggeration to get my point across, but you can't teach a donkey to be a horse. I don't mean McGregor was a donkey as he is a good defender,but our style now would be alien to him.

Five Things We Have Learned About Mekhi Leacock-McLeod

image: http://www.wolves.co.uk/cms_images/acad-1267-1864241_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED

23:04 2nd December 2014

Winger enjoying life at 'family club'

NAME: MEKHI LEACOCK-MCLEOD

POSITION: WINGER

BORN: 19/09/96

JOINED WOLVES: 2014

1 – I got interested in football after watching the Ronaldinhos, Thierry Henrys, Jay-Jay Okochas and then I started learning about the older players like Pele. That was the style of play that I wanted to play - flair. But it was my dad that got me into playing football, he saw that I had a talent and he just helped me progress to where I am now. He was the first person that got me into it and he took me to all my training.

2 - My first team was Ballers FC, a local team in West London, they played at Ravens Court Park in Hammersmith. I wasn’t even there for a season, I played in a tournament and Fulham spotted me, from there I was at Fulham for ten years. The early stages were really good, I really enjoyed it but when you hit 15-16 it’s decision time. It becomes more of a business, they’re looking at other things and that’s a difficult adjustment. It was now my job and there are different expectations. At around 14-15 I was pushing on to bigger things but once I was getting to 16-17 I didn’t play as much because, in the Premier League, they were just bringing people in. I didn’t really get the chance at Fulham but it’s a really good club.

3 – It was a new chapter for me to come to Wolves. I came to look around the club, I was shown the area and I went to the Steve Bull restaurant. It was good and I felt like this really shows what the club is about, it felt like a family and that it does want players to progress into the first team which is proven on all the walls of the training ground. It’s been hard and it’s been good. When you come to a new club you want to make an immediate impact and show the lads that you’re a good player, really strive for the top. It has been a slow process but I feel like I’m getting better and making progress.

4 – The work I do at Wolves is not much different to the work I’ve done at clubs before, the only difference is the opportunities I’ve been given. I’ve been working hard and they’re rewarding me for that, giving me a starting shirt. There are good players here so working for that starting line-up is the main thing, when I’m there I know that I’ve done a good job. The main aim is to get into the Wolves first team, pull on that jersey and play because I’m really growing to love the club.

5 – I’ve always loved sport so if I didn’t get into football then I would’ve always tried to get into another sport. I’m really big into my music, in my spare time I like to dig out the guitar, I’ve been playing since I was 8-9, I also like making beats on Apple Mac and Garageband. I like jazz and that kind of music style, I always looked at Jimi Hendrix and can play Purple Haze. Also, I would want to be a professional remote control car racer, I’ve got quite a few of those, the proper petrol ones. I’ve raced my dad a few times, I beat him all the time. They do proper races but you can get 80-90mph from them so if that hits you, you can break your leg. It’s a bit dangerous for me as a footballer.

Read more at http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/five-things-we-have-learned-about-mekhi-leacock-mcleod-2296991.aspx#LWKQKoSmx3eMWbxl.99

Here's the game report from a friendly he played in.

https://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/2015/12/15/friendly-stroll-for-under-20s/

He's about to turn 20, much like a certain Barrie McKay. Methinks he hasn't played that much (going by the info on transfermarkt), and sure not competitive first team football. MW had him train with the first team while he was on trial. I doubt that he will offer straight competition for the first team, probably more like Jordan Thompson right now. Even though he's a right winger, he might be part of the reason why we sent Oduwa back home.