Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

where do I say compete with the type of clubs you mention? Where do I mention 3 years?

If your going to quote a post and question it trying reading it first.

All I said was its depressing to watch leagues like the chinese be able to do what we cant and I look forward to the day we can spend more than £400k on a player. If you cant think of a day where we will be better off than now I pity you

I simply asked a question, and was not solely adressing you either. But with whom do you expect us to compete about signatures then - which your lament is implying? While e.g. EPL or Championship clubs linger in the background.

Edited by der Berliner

FYI

One Dundee United player who has moved on this morning is ex-Rangers youngster Charlie Telfer. The 20-year-old playmaker has joined Livingston on loan for the remainder of the season. From one relegation battle to another - can Telfer save the Lions from the drop?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/record-sport-online-transfer-centre-7260448#zx5BHTyVueoqkBVC.99

I simply asked a question, and was not solely adressing you either. But with whom do you expect us to compete about signatures then - which your lament is implying? While e.g. EPL or Championship clubs linger in the background.

Not solely addressing me when you quoted me and then asked me a direct question?

Your question makes no sense. How can you choose who to compete with in an open market?

I expect us to grow beyond struggling with £400k bids. I also expect us to get to then surpass Celtics level. Do you not?

Not solely addressing me when you quoted me and then asked me a direct question?

Your question makes no sense.

But it does, since you answered it below?

How can you choose who to compete with in an open market?

I remarked who we will to have to compete with in the open market, not least in Britain. And that will be hard, given the state of the English and the Scottish leagues.

I expect us to grow beyond struggling with £400k bids. I also expect us to get to then surpass Celtics level. Do you not?

Of course I do and thanks for answering my question.

We can see by the squad the Yahoos have assembled this last half-decade how difficult it is to get half-decent people on the open market, while the richer leagues' clubs circle around the same prey. We can thank the Heavens that we have a chap like Warburton at the helm right now, who knows the English market and may snatch the odd gem from what is around there, perhaps adding someone from Europe too when we become a draw due to European football ... but not exactly money.

But it does, since you answered it below?

I remarked who we will to have to compete with in the open market, not least in Britain. And that will be hard, given the state of the English and the Scottish leagues.

Of course I do and thanks for answering my question.

We can see by the squad the Yahoos have assembled this last half-decade how difficult it is to get half-decent people on the open market, while the richer leagues' clubs circle around the same prey. We can thank the Heavens that we have a chap like Warburton at the helm right now, who knows the English market and may snatch the odd gem from what is around there, perhaps adding someone from Europe too when we become a draw due to European football ... but not exactly money.

What do MW stats look like in reference to signing English players for cheap and them being gems? We have all heard of the 2 big successes but how do the rest fair?What's the success to failure rate?

Just think what he could have been doing....if he had stayed!!!

I spoke to to telfers dad at murraypark when he was with us and he said charlie wanted to move on as he wasn't getting first team football. Ally assured him that would change as he thought highly of him. He put him on the subs bench to quiet him up. Needless to say Charlie never got look in and the rest is history. Telfer was our MOTM against hearts in the youth cup final win at st mirren and stood out like a sore thumb...

its depressing to see a Chinese side able to afford £25m for Ramieries and beat clubs like psg and bayern to his signature but we cant get £400k transfer's over the line. How things have changed. Cant wait until we are back at full throttle with all this far behind us

It IS depressing. For all us of. But of more importance than that is that we quickly realize our financial situation. Even 400k transfers are significant amounts of money whilst we still rely on loans from our Board just to pay the working capital, let alone transfer fees.

The Board have a significant amount of work to do in unraveling a sizeable amount of shite from the previous regime which is costing us much needed revenue. It will take time and, in the meantime, we absolutely must have sound financial management and a conservative approach to signings.

It is where we are unfortunately.

Your question makes no sense. How can you choose who to compete with in an open market?

Yes and yes.

But impatience wont help us. As I said in my previous post, this is what we all desire - but correcting years of financial mismanagement cant be done in a matter of months, unless you have some oligarchic billionaire with deep pockets... if only Abramovich had been flying over Ibrox that day instead of Stamford Bridge :D

I spoke to to telfers dad at murraypark when he was with us and he said charlie wanted to move on as he wasn't getting first team football. Ally assured him that would change as he thought highly of him. He put him on the subs bench to quiet him up. Needless to say Charlie never got look in and the rest is history. Telfer was our MOTM against hearts in the youth cup final win at st mirren and stood out like a sore thumb...

Being MOTM in a Youth Final means nothing unfortunately...............