Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

This Reed chap sounds like just the sort of player we need. Although we're not agreeing signing on fees with the clubs for a few of these loans that doesn't mean that the players won't end up here permanently. For instance King may be a hit and if he enjoys his time here then the pressure to sell from Hearts will be high as the player will push for it himself. It's almost like we're getting a risk free trial period for a lot of these players.

Some indications (i.e. rumours) that Fraser Aird will join Vancouver till the end of season, with an option to make it permanent.

And according to this ...

Stanley boss John Coleman does not envisage Matt Crooks joining Rangers early

... we haven't made any new contact with AS to get either of the two pre-contract players early.

This is well worth a read for those that don't think King is good enough:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/314157-how-hearts-brushed-aside-the-competiton-to-win-the-scottish-championship/

Yes, there's some uncertainty about his suitability for higher levels but, for the rest of this season, he's certainly more than useful.

I would say we have a lot of players who are more than useful for this level. Presuming we do get promoted this season, we're going to have a lot of work to do in the summer.

That said, I'm glad we got rid of Aird, and hopefully that turns into a permanent fixture. I've never rated him at all, I think he's absolutely useless.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I don't see why everyone is panicking? Personally I've always said I'd like to see an out and out striker in but aren't we the team who sit proudly at the top of the league five points in front with a massive goals advantage? I don't see the magic hat going anywhere if he didn't have faith in the board he simply wouldn't be here. So get the negative thoughts out your nappers I've no doubts whatsoever the funds will be there for next season....

bf12996db25e1ecdf1813e4f73e17c04.png

'Billy King's on the ball, Billy King's on the ball...' He's worth signing just for the name.

I confess to knowing little about the lad but he's a known quantity (just not for me!) and gives the squad a bit of depth for the run in. For those moaning about Jambos cast-offs, we've not brought him in to spearhead our European campaign; he's just here for the remainder of the season. And Hearts are actually better than us at the moment.

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

I don't see why everyone is panicking? Personally I've always said I'd like to see an out and out striker in but aren't we the team who sit proudly at the top of the league five points in front with a massive goals advantage? I don't see the magic hat going anywhere if he didn't have faith in the board he simply wouldn't be here. So get the negative thoughts out your nappers I've no doubts whatsoever the funds will be there for next season....

I think we have enough for this season, next season is my concern. I'm not a fan of having to rebuild/significantly change teams for a new season. Squad development should be a balanced, progressional process; though at least we're far better equipped than we were under any of our previous managers.

I would say we have a lot of players who are more than useful for this level. Presuming we do get promoted this season, we're going to have a lot of work to do in the summer.

That said, I'm glad we got rid of Aird, and hopefully that turns into a permanent fixture. I've never rated him at all, I think he's absolutely useless.

There's no doubt we'll have to improve the quality of the squad in the summer and, with various players out of contract, I'm confident we will.

However, as Hearts have shown this year, there will also be a section of the squad more than comfortable at SPL level.