Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

I make it about 5m - as that's about the equivalent we were getting a year from JJB. The few hundred grand we do get is offset by inflation and any interest we saved on the JJB upfront payment.

So about 5m a year. At the time that was also conisdered lower than we could make if we marketed our merchandise ourselves as we did previously.

We used to make more than any club in the UK bar Man U, so who knows what the current income would be, epecially with fans happy to help the club out in its time of need.

I'd doubt very much if we'd get anywhere near £5m profit(not sales) from merchandise even with Ashley gone. I'd say £1m-2m max.

You need to forget we get peanuts from puma & 32 Red compared to the yahoos who get probably £6m-£10m from NB & Magners. That's where we're losing out just now

RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB are today delighted to announce the signing of Michael O’Halloran from St Johnstone on a four and a half deal until 2020.

O’Halloran will go straight into the Gers squad for tomorrow night’s Championship clash against Raith Rovers in Kirkcaldy.

The attacker began his senior career at Bolton Wanderers and had spells on loan at Sheffield United, Carlisle United and Tranmere Rovers before moving north to McDiarmid Park in January 2014.

There, he made a total of 89 appearances and scored 16 goals, including one of Saints’ three at Ibrox in their 3-1 League Cup win earlier this season.

He also has six European appearances under his belt from St Johnstone’s recent travels on the continent and started their Scottish Cup Final win over Dundee United in 2014.

O’Halloran can play across the attack and goes into Mark Warburton’s squad for tomorrow’s match.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rangers-sign-michael-ohalloran/

I understand what you are saying and to a degree I'd agree but I'm not so sure 'our market' will be the same as before and certainly hope & expect that our business model will be very different. The Champions League format is up for discussion with the bigger clubs looking for change that suits their interests, would probably see smaller leagues and most of their clubs being further marginalised. As clubs Rangers and Celtic (probably together) need to be lobbying as hard as they can to prevent ending up too far down the European financial pecking order regards competition revenue.

We aren't going to reach the levels we want by spending mucho on transfer fees and high wages, IMO it's going to have to be the 'other way'. This would present many challenges and questions in an uncertain future, not least dealing with fan expectation and maintaining/increasing revenue.

I have a rosier outlook on our financial future. We have a lot of hard work ahead on a complicated path but with the correct policies in place in regards to wage budgets, asset management and fan involvement i think our profit margins can be higher then there were historically. Turnover will take a longer time and plan to rebuild to historical numbers mainly because of lost revenue to SD, but new income revenues through fan involvement should hopefully become available in different guises partly covering these losses.

One massive silver lining to our ordeal is the wipe out of our first team wage budget. The ability to half what we once spent is paramount to our future. Its extremely difficult to reduce a wage budget of say £19m down to £9m under the usual customer expectations without it detrimentally affecting revenue streams. In managing that wage structure we will find money to spend on transfers that must then become self perpetuating

It wont be easy or without pitfalls but it is possible and I think the boards ultimate plan.

I know this isn't us but it is relevant to us:

I see that TGU are preparing for next season already. It's a sobering thought that Stubbs views them as miles ahead of Hibs as they are at the moment far less before they strengthen for our (hoped for) return.

"DONE DEAL

Celtic

Posted at 12:57

Celtic have signed winger Patrick Roberts from Manchester City on an 18-month loan deal.

The 18-year-old moved from Fulham to Man City in a £12m deal in July 2015."

Why would want to know about this crap? It's on sky we don't need to know on here who they've signed...

I also doubt we'd make as much as £5m from retail. The JJB deal was a good one and Celtic had to reclassify income to hide the fact that they were not getting as much as us.

We got £2m profit in 2006 and £3.7m in 2004, but I don't believe that the retail market is as buoyant now and there are lower margins. 'm excluding sponsorship in these figures.

I don't see £2m as being unreasonable, and we could be making that if Ashley was to adopt a reasonable approach instead of being stubborn which is costing both sides a lot of money.

MICHAEL O’HALLORAN admits he is making a big step-up signing for Rangers after a testing month of uncertainty over his transfer from St Johnstone.

The winger put pen to paper on a deal until 2020 on the final day of the transfer window and said he had no doubt in his mind when he heard of Gers interest.

O’Halloran thinks his decision will prove to be the perfect move, as well as improve him as player under his new manager Mark Warburton.

The 25-year-old said:

“This is a massive step-up for me, everybody knows about Glasgow Rangers and how big a football club they are.”

“I spoke to the manager and it’s just the right thing for me, it’s the right fit and I’m just looking forward to getting started now.

“I first heard about Rangers being interested at the beginning of January and I was told there was a chance that I might be moving.

“As soon as I heard that I wanted to go on and join the big club and I am delighted to be here.

“There was no doubt in my mind about coming; it’s an opportunity you have to grasp with both hands.”

“I played at Ibrox earlier in the season and the crowd were amazing, the whole atmosphere was great, the pitch was and the way the manager has them playing too.

“I am happy it is finally over the line because it has been a long time; I’ve not known whether I am coming or going over the last month but I am delighted to be here now.

“You hear a lot of speculation but I’ve just tried to concentrate on playing football.

“When you hear of the interest though your immediate reaction is that you want to go to the big club and I am just happy the opportunity has final come and the move has happened.

“There is always a little doubt in your mind and your get a wee bit anxious but I was confident, I spoke to my family and my representative and they assured me that we’d get it done eventually. It has taken until the last day but it’s better late than never.”

O’Halloran joins Rangers after a career that started at Bolton and saw him loaned out across England before returning north of the border.

He has scored four times for St Johnstone this season but thinks all areas of his game will progress now he is with the Light Blues.

The forward said: “First and foremost coming here will help me become a better player.

“Working under the management and working with the players here will mean I progress as a footballer – it’s a team that is really going places.

“I definitely see myself developing here, you look at the place and it has all the facilities and infrastructure to help me on the pitch.”

“There is an amazing gym, recuperation facilities and analysis – I feel that is all going to help me move my game on and become a better player.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/bigger-better-ohalloran/

RANGERS signed Michael O’Halloran from St Johnstone today, so we’ve pulled together a few Fast Facts on Mark Warburton’s latest attacking weapon:

Both of O’Halloran’s Bolton appearances came in cup competitions, and both were against Macclesfield in both the English FA Cup and League Cup.

He already has a winner’s medal to his name after starting St Johnstone’s 2014 Scottish Cup Final victory against Dundee United.

In 2012 he scored in a League One play-off final penalty shootout at Wembley for Sheffield United against Huddersfield. O’Halloran’s side failed to get promoted however as former ‘Gers goalkeeper Steve Simonsen missed the decisive kick after the shootout went all the way in sudden death.

In 124 career appearances, O’Halloran has never once been shown a red card.

O’Halloran has European experience under his belt, playing six times for St Johnstone in recent seasons, while he also netted in their away-goals 2-2 defeat to Alashkert this season.

O’Halloran’s youth career began across town at Celtic before moving south to Bolton Wanderers.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/fast-facts-ohalloran/